First flight of "Vintage Hatz"

Coming up on that big moment? It's time to talk with folks who have already flown your bipe type!
Bitshifter

Re: First flight of "Vintage Hatz"

Post by Bitshifter »

Let me be the first to say "Wow that's beautiful" There seems to be much artistic talent in your family, be very proud.

Ed
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
stanh

Re: First flight of "Vintage Hatz"

Post by stanh »

That is a very nice looking plane. I have just completed a Kelly D with a Rotec R3600 engine and have some questions on the engine. I posted the below message on the Biplane Forum and it was recommended that I contact you. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, Stan

Have just obtained my airworthiness certificate on my Kelly D that has a Rotec R3600 installed. My questions relate to the oil that is being used by those of you that have this engine. I initially installed Mobil 1 15w50 fully synthetic but just changed to Castrol 4T 20w50 motorcycle oil -- which is a natural oil. Only had a little over 4 hours taxi time on the engine and made the change because of what I read from Rotec that the PSRU gears needed the additive which is in the motorcycle oil. Saw my oil pressure go from 60psi with the Mobil 1 to 30psi with the Castrol. My only explanation is that the Castrol was foaming. Only have ran the engine 30 minutes with the Castrol. What are you guys using in the engine and what kind of oil pressures are you seeing? Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks, Stan