Air to air pictures

A general discussion area where you can talk about the various flying characteristics of the Hatz and Kelly-D.
stearmoth

Air to air pictures

Post by stearmoth »

Dear Hatzers,

Last weekend we had our first sortie to another airfield where we had the annual meeting of the EAS club (our EAA club). We received two awards: "Best plans built" and "most elegant aircraft".
On Sunday we got invited for air to air pictures by our friend Peter Daetwyler and master photographer Reto Schneeberger: enjoy the shots!
By the way, we now have about 12 hours flying and made the first landings on a concrete rundway.

Best regards from the happy

Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, Switzerland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hreilly

Re: Air to air pictures

Post by hreilly »

Beautiful pics, "most elegant" is a perfect description. Congrats. Herb.
cfrasers

Post by cfrasers »

Great Pictures, congratulations on the awards.
Bitshifter

Post by Bitshifter »

Very jealous, you have built a beautiful aircraft.
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Hi Hatzers,

We received now the new prop and will publish soon some performance data when we have flown a few more hours with this prop. It seems, that we now have the right engine/prop com-bination. We are working on the oil cooling to keep the oil temoperatures in better limits.
A few more pictures to share...

Kind regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M Lightsey

Post by M Lightsey »

I hope you enjoy flying it as much as we enjoy looking at it!!!
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

And how I enjoy flying it with my personal pilot Sam! However, since in this country it is very, very seldon to see an antique aeroplane in the air (in contrary it seems me to your country), I also enjoy very much seeing our Hatz flying with Sam and another human beeing who is appreciating this sort of flying very much!
This really is my life long dream coming alive!!! I hope to stay alive a few more years to appreciate this so much having a son who shares my dedication!!!

Take care and enjoy my Hatz friends

Hans
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Hans, you are so very fortunate in many ways! Raised a fine son and built a beautiful airplane!
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Hi Hatz friends,

Greetings from over the Atlantic! Days are becomung shorter and also cooler (who cares if you have a functioning cockpit heating device from the engine collector shroud!)
Sam successfully crosses the Swiss alps (Gemmi-Pass) to land in Raron, Valais, just above 100 km air distance. Everything went well as obviously an emergency landing would have been very difficult! Enjoy the nice view of the Swiss mountains although the sight could have been better...
Sadly, the old guy was not in the front pit - too much work received from the "government" over the weekend!
Perhaps this was the last flight before the winter break :(

We wish all happy building!

dougm

Post by dougm »

Awesome!
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster