Anyone have a POH?

A general discussion area where you can talk about the various flying characteristics of the Hatz and Kelly-D.
wildhorsesracing

Anyone have a POH?

Post by wildhorsesracing »

Has anyone put together a POH for the HATZ biplanes? I have a CFI willing to fly with me but he would like to know more about the flight envelope.
-Jim Pantas
N89DG
JBMoore

Re: Anyone have a POH?

Post by JBMoore »

If the Phase One flight testing was documented correctly, the information needed should be found there... mine's in the airframe logbook.
My LB-1, with an O-290 and associated prop, stalls at 38 mph - best angle 60 mph - best rate 65 mph - I fly the pattern and approach at 70 mph and cross the fence at 60 mph.
Gross weight and loading will be in the weight and balance calculations. Fuel and oil consumption will depend on the engine. Aerobatic maneuvers will definitely be in the log book.
Turn him loose by himself for an hour and he'll have no problems getting the feel for the plane.
Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
mmarien

Re: Anyone have a POH?

Post by mmarien »

In Canada we require a POH to pass final inspection. I plan to use the EAA flight test manual for flight testing but it would be nice to have an existing POH as a template to develop my own. Does anybody have one for the Hatz?
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada