Fun with my 360Fly

A general discussion area where you can talk about the various flying characteristics of the Hatz and Kelly-D.
wildhorsesracing

Fun with my 360Fly

Post by wildhorsesracing »

I have a 360Fly 360* camera and tried taking some video from the headrest of my Hatz. You can move the mouse around and see all angles from the camera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hunibn6FC5U
-Jim Pantas
N89DG
1964m20e

Re: Fun with my 360Fly

Post by 1964m20e »

Neat. :D
wildhorsesracing

I am hoping to take a few more this year, maybe while looping, etc. to really get folks the feeling!
-Jim Pantas
N89DG
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Dear Wildhorseracing (or whatever is your call name).
Thank you for your nice comment about our "Vintage Hatz"! I just watched your nice headrest mounted camera movie. You write, that it is mounted on your Hatz, but now my question:

The tailplane and rudder with aerodynamic front extension looks strange to me on a Hatz! As far as I thought, up to now there have only be two Hatz builds having an elliptical tailplane layout - the Mehlin Warner Hatz and our Vintage Hatz - not so though: Please publish some pics of your interesting Hatz so I can see!! Couldn't find a picture on the web!
I know, that Doug Mowry is planning to build his Classic Hatz looking like a Waco QCF also with counterbalanced elevators, but I am not aware of others!
What kind of aerobatics other than loops are you regularily performing?

We would enjoy hearing from you!

Hans & Sam, H.C. #78, Switzerland
wildhorsesracing

My name is Jim - I used to race Ford Mustangs competitively hence the screen name "WildHorsesRacing".
My Hatz has a Piper Pacer fuselage and Hatz wings. It makes it very roomy for someone my size - 5'10" 250 lbs (178cm 113kg)

Here are some pics of my Hatz (and my Mooney).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Jim Pantas
N89DG
1964m20e

Post by 1964m20e »

Interesting.

Pipe fuselage and Hatz wings. I know where there is an unused piper fuselage with engine and the guy wants to get rid of it hmmmmmmmm??

Do you have the details on what you did to make this happen?
dougm

Post by dougm »

Interesting... I'd like to see more pics.

As for the 360fly, I'd buy one in a second if they would offer an external microphone jack like the GoPro and Virb.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
wildhorsesracing

I bought it this way, I just upgraded most of the avionics and added some carburetor ducting. I was building a Zenith 801 but decided to sell it and enjoy flying, that's when I bought the Hatz. It looks like most of the fuselage is there, makes for a very roomy aircraft and with an O320 I take up 250 lb passengers all the time.
-Jim Pantas
N89DG