2011 HBA Annual Fly-In at Brodhead, WI

News and Field Reports of fly-ins around the country where Hatz Nutz gather.
rawheels

Re: 2011 HBA Annual Fly-In at Brodhead, WI

Post by rawheels »

When does the group usually depart for Oshkosh? Is it a group flight or does everyone just head out when they are ready on Sunday?
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Calling John Kerr!

Hi John,
You know, we are awaiting you at Brodhead this weekend!!! What is the the grade of success - can we hope to meet you there?

We wish you a save and pleasant flight!

Best regards
Hans & Sam; H.C.#78, Switzerland, on the way to Brodhead
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

I usually leave between 8:00 - 9:00 am, weather permitting, with a fuel stop a Dodge Co. airport.
Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Hope to arrive Friday noon but things keep popping up and it seems like on an hourly basis it's a go, then a no go, then a go, then a no go...

We'll see.

Mark Taylor
rawheels

Post by rawheels »

Looks like it might be a little wet this weekend.
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Looks like I won't make it after all :( . I miss seeing my very special Hatz friends. Hans and Sam, I sorry that I couldn't be there to see you both. I know that it'll be a few more years before you both will make the long trek back to Brodhead again. Next year I should definately be among the ranks of finished Hatz projects in attendance.

I (we) would appreciate it if anyone in attendance who is online could update the rest of us during the weekend.

Have fun!

Mark Taylor
dougm

Post by dougm »

I'm trapped in Chicago!!! Looks like I won't make it. :twisted: Anyone going to OSH can look me up in the BOSE tent. I'm working the show this week until Thursday.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
Bill Rusk

Post by Bill Rusk »

Mark and all

I will post a report as soon as I can. It is a challenge sometimes as the Hatz fly-in rolls right into Oshkosh. We had 6 Hatz this year and rain at night and in the morning but very nice afternoons. Everyone pitched in as always and gave rides. A great time as always.

More to follow

Bill
TulBiplane

Post by TulBiplane »

I will let Bill give the formal report, but for those of you who have never been to this event. I urge you to attend next year!

For me, it was my first time to attend Brodhead. What an amazing event. It has been many years since I have heard an OX-5 engine run, much less a 2 cylinder "K" engine on a Aeronca C-3. The pattern seemed to be full of Pietenpol's. After hearing those sweet sounds, you can roam back to the Hatz tent and talk to some REAL Hatz builders - and see several finished examples. Hans and Sam, along with Juerg, represented the European Hatz builders. It was a very positive experience for me.

- Brad Howerton
Hatz Classic #0124
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

Hated to miss the festivities at Brodhead and OSH. We at LGU are hosting Boeing with the V22 Osprey doing density altitude testing for 6 to 8 weeks and three weeks of sail planes competing in regional and 15-meter nationals. While this is all going on I'm training a new airport manager