2013 EAA Airventure Oshkosh, WI

News and Field Reports of fly-ins around the country where Hatz Nutz gather.
hatzadmin
Site Admin

2013 EAA Airventure Oshkosh, WI

Post by hatzadmin »

2013 EAA Airventure Oshkosh, WI (OSH)

July 29 thru Aug. 4th 2013

Our goal is to participate in this year’s fly-in at Oshkosh and promote real grass-roots homebuilding and flying. We want to expose the Hatz Biplane to potential builders who want to experience the fun and thrill of piloting a nostalgic open cockpit biplane. Information will be on display in the Vintage Hangar during Airventure 2013.
Hatz Webmaster
JBMoore

Re: 2013 EAA Airventure Oshkosh, WI

Post by JBMoore »

I'll be there.

Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
kconner

Post by kconner »

I have spoken with representativeswith EAA and they are glad to have the Hatz Biplane Association over in the Vintage hangar for this years fly-in. The plan is to have a place where we can distribute information about the Hatz Biplane. We are looking for volunteers to help at our display during the event. If you can and want to participate, post it here and hopefully we can generate some interest and make our showing at Oshkosh a success. EAA sent an application to begin scheduling forums and I requested to do two forums during the fly-in. One early in the week and one later. I will post the schedule for the forums as soon as I get the information back from EAA. VOLUNTEER! It will be a good time.

Kevin Conner
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

Sign me up.

Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
hreilly

Post by hreilly »

Hi All,
Ro and I will be at Brodhead and Oshkosh, so count me in for booth coverage. Herb.
kconner

Oshkosh Update

Post by kconner »

Hello Hatzers,

I just sent the registration forms to Airventure Type Club Headquarters to reserve space in the Vintage Hangar during the fly-in. One form is to reserve space in the Type Club Outside Display area. Each day up to two Type Clubs will be granted use of the space. If we put a Hatz on display. The airplane will have to be staffed all day 9 to 5 and must be moved before the airport closes at sunset that same day. We can display a CB-1, a Bantam or a Classic. I believe it will be one Hatz for one day. WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! We will be provided one 8ft. table and one 6ft. table in the Vintage Hangar which will need to be staffed 9 to 5 Mon. thru Fri. and 9 till noon Sat. We need volunteers to help staff the Hatz that will be on display for one day. Please let me know if you want to put your Hatz on display. Jeff Moore and Herb Reilly are volunteers and Cindi and I plan to be at OSH all week. VOLUNTEER! We can use your help if it's for a day or two or just a few hours. It will be a great time to talk Hatz Biplanes. Post a message here or give me a call. 918-269-3361. Thanks everyone!

Kevin Conner
kconner

Post by kconner »

I received confirmation from EAA that we were selected and added to the Presentation Schedule for 2013. I had requested to present two Hatz Forum's and we were approved for both. I would like to put together a panel of 3 to 4 Hatz builders and start with the history of the Hatz and how it evolved into the Classic and the Bantam. Talk about the basic construction and different engine applications then open up the forum for questions. Cindi and I are working on a brochure that will be available at our space in the Vintage Hangar and at the forum. Let me know if anyone wants to be part of this panel for Q & A at the forums. The presentation schedule is as follows,

7/30/2013 Tuesday 1:00pm - 2:15pm Forum Pavilion 09 Honda
Genertors K09

8/2/2013 Friday 11:30am - 12:45pm Forum Pavilian 09 Honda
Generators K09

Kevin Conner
M Lightsey

Post by M Lightsey »

I'll be there all week, ready to pitch in...
Mark
kconner

Post by kconner »

Jeff Hanson
Hatz Classic-Grand Champion Gold Lindy

Mark Lightsey
Hatz CB-1 Bronze Lindy

What a great week we had at Brodhead and Oshkosh. Thank you to everyone who participated in these events and supporting The Hatz Biplane Association. We had a very productive board meeting and group discussion at Brodhead. A big Hatz Off to Mark Taylor, Allen Hatz, Jeff Moore, Mark Lightsey and Jeff Hanson for flying in. Thank you to all those who supported our display in the Vintage Hangar at OSH. We had great participation and added about 8 members to the Hatz Association. We had a lot of people looking at Hatz drawings and really good success at two Hatz Forums at OSH. As a group we made some great inroads with EAA at this years event and having two homebuilt award winners was absolutely perfect! The Hatz Association is alive and strong because of the wonderful spirit of our members. I will post more in the upcoming newsletter. Don't miss it! As Lorin would say, a Tip o' the ole Topper to Mark and Jeff and their winners!

Kevin Conner