Brodhead Hatz Fly-in 2010

News and Field Reports of fly-ins around the country where Hatz Nutz gather.
Bill Rusk

Brodhead Hatz Fly-in 2010

Post by Bill Rusk »

To All

We will be gathering at the Brodhead Airport in Brodhead Wisconsin the weekend prior to Oshkosh this year as we have in the past. If you are building a Hatz, thinking about building a Hatz, or have a Hatz, this is the single biggest and most important Hatz gathering of the year. I will post more info in the next couple of days but mark your calendar now for 23, 24, 25 July.

More to follow

Bill
JBMoore

Re: Brodhead Hatz Fly-in 2010

Post by JBMoore »

Jennifer and I are counting the days.....

Jeff Moore
N24859
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
jwhanson

Post by jwhanson »

Does anyone know if fuel will be available at Brodhead this year? We are planning to attend.
John Hanson
jwhanson

Post by jwhanson »

Does anyone know if fuel will be available at Brodhead this year? We are planning to attend. (Jeff and John)
John Hanson
Bill Rusk

Post by Bill Rusk »

Yes, fuel shoud be available and food will also be available. Chuck Brownlow received the following e-mail

Hello Chuck,
EAA Chapter 431 has been planning our 2010 events and formally invite your Hatz group to Brodhead the weekend before Oshkosh; July 23rd, 24th & 25th for another Hatz/ Pietenpol Fly-in. We still have details to work out in the coming weeks but will open our facilities to you. We are planning to have food Thursday evening through Sunday morning and hope to have 100LL and ethanol free auto fuel available for a couple hours each day. If not, Monroe (KEFT) still has the best 100LL price in the area just 11 miles west. We always enjoy the July Fly-in at Brodhead and appreciate the support of your group. I'm looking forward to seeing our friends again and more interesting airplanes.
Mike Weeden

Bill
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

Planning to make the 1000nm trip from Logan UT--5 200nm legs, right? :roll: Will probably have a support crew along with camping gear in a C206. Looking forward to it, we arrived last year via commercial on Sunday AM just as everyone was departing for OSH.

John Kerr
Hatz 687, Classic 21, Rotek 3600
N5109X

Post by N5109X »

Are other airplanes (Citabria) welcome to participate?

We bagan our Hatz project back in '90 and now that the Citabria is restorded and flying we are going to get back to the REAL airplane!

Regards,
Jim Harkema
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

All planes are welcome. We share the weekend with the Pietenpols and sometimes the Luscombe group and set up on the south end of the field by the hangers under the "Big Top". You can park next to Chuck Brownlow and his Citabria.
Fun is had by all !!!

Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Keep an eye on your Citabria though. You may find that someone has attached a second set of wings to it when you weren't looking...
ronpenrose

Post by ronpenrose »

Hello, all. I have a Hatz I purchased in pieces a year ago and just got it flying. I plan to make to the Fly-In this year preferrably flying my Hatz from Kansas City if weather permits but will drive there as a minimum. Interested in suggestions on lodging. Are there camp sites in the area or on the airfield? Look forward to meeting some Hatz folks.