Brodhead Hatz Fly-in 2010

News and Field Reports of fly-ins around the country where Hatz Nutz gather.
JBMoore

Re: Brodhead Hatz Fly-in 2010

Post by JBMoore »

Camping on the field is strongly encouraged! You can camp next to your airplane or in the vehicle area out by the road ( which sometimes fills up ) Bill usually posts the local hotel/motel list when the time gets near.
The Broadhead group has this weekend organized down to a "T". Food, beverages, evening movies with popcorn and general fun for all.
So if you can't fly, then drive, hitchhike, take the bus or what ever it takes to get there and you won't be sorry.

Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
Jim Pinkerton

Post by Jim Pinkerton »

Hi All, lots of room to camp at Brodhead. Also good food and a lot of fun. Hope to see you all there. Jim and Jeanne
orchardair

Post by orchardair »

Hi to all,
This is a combination introduction post and a plead for a demo ride...

I recently bought the preview plans and the CD from Makelan (I recommend the preview plans, but not the CD), and am now looking for a demo ride, to experience first hand the feel of the plane. I am going to use all my frequent flier miles and try to make it to Brodhead in a couple weeks, camp in my tent and soak in the atmosphere...

I would really appreciate a flight in a Hatz Classic, if anyone there would be kind enough to offer to take me up for a few minutes.

That's all, hope to be meeting some of you in WI soon.

Amit in Oregon.
Hatz Classic plans# 136
Bill Rusk

Post by Bill Rusk »

Folks

It is all coming together and looks to be a good fly-in. Several folks are stopping here on Thursday enroute to Brodhead. All Hatzers are invited and welcome.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Bill
orchardair

Post by orchardair »

The excitement is rising!
I am going to be at Brodhead all of Saturday. Since I will be arriving by car from ORD in the wee hours of the night, where should I pitch my tent for minimal disturbance? What part of the airport is set for tents? Is there a diagram of the grounds anywhere?
Thanks, Amit.
Hatz Classic plans# 136
Bill Rusk

Post by Bill Rusk »

Sounds like you will be getting in Fri evening. You will see the Hatz biplanes. Most folks pitch their tents in the trees behind the biplanes. See you there and yes we will try to make sure you get a ride or two.

Bill
dougm

Post by dougm »

I'm leaving for Brodhead tomorrow via car as well... hope to arrive mid day on Friday. Can't wait!
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
jdgleitz

Post by jdgleitz »

I'll be driving up from ORD. Should be at Broadhead by noon on Friday. Looking forward to meeting some of you and your Hatz. I'm bringing a couple of friends, one of which is building a Pietenpol. He's 89, so we have a good excuse to stay in a motel.

JD
JD Gleitz
HC-129
orchardair

Post by orchardair »

Bummer.
Unfortunately my flight never made it to ORD due to weather. We were diverted to MSP, and promised a delay of at least 12 hours before the flight will continue to ORD.
After looking into any other earlier flight to ORD from MSP, I elected to return to PDX. I am very disappointed, but hopefully will have better luck next year. I hear Oshkosh is having problems with all the rain - I hope you guys at Brodhead had better luck. please post pictures for the unlucky souls who did not make it!
Thanks,
Amit.
Hatz Classic plans# 136
Bill Rusk

Post by Bill Rusk »

This is a test to see if I can post pictures.

Bill