Oshkosh 2014 - HATZ Trick!

News and Field Reports of fly-ins around the country where Hatz Nutz gather.
dougm

Oshkosh 2014 - HATZ Trick!

Post by dougm »

OK Folks, We've got three winners this year! A big CONGRATULATIONS! to:

Rick Hansen - GOLD Lindy Plans Built
Kevin Connor - SILVER Lindy Plans Built
Mike Mcgrew - BRONZE Lindy Plans Built

WAY TO GO GUYS! Great job and Beautifult Hatz's!
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
hreilly

Re: Oshkosh 2014 - HATZ Trick!

Post by hreilly »

Congrats to all three or you, well deserved awards, outrageous craftsmanship.
Herb, Ro and Cayden.
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Congrats Rick, Kevin and Mike! what a fun week at OSH! (Except for the rain). Wish Curtis and I could've been there for the awards banquet. Brodhead was neat, with 10 Hatzes and 1 Kelly D. Good showing at OSH, too, with (I think) 6 Hatzes parked in our own little compound.

Mark T
hatz672

Post by hatz672 »

Congrats to all the Hatz'ers that cleaned out the trophy display! It's (almost) embarrassing how often the fine Hatz builders sweep up the awards here. So....Mark-- I told you Eric is a magician when it comes to fishing for valves. That one took waaaay longer than usual. Hope that took care of the problem. Any Hatz pilots coming to OSH should know that EAA Chapter 75's Emergency Aircraft Repair barn (near what used to be Hangar Cafe, now Machine Shed) is ready to assist you if have a problem.
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Hi Rick, Kevin and Mike!

Congratulations on your well deserved awards!!! What an achievement!
Hope to meet you and your beauties during our next stay to Brodhead, hopefully next summer!

Kind regards
Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, Switzerland
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

hatz672 wrote:Congrats to all the Hatz'ers that cleaned out the trophy display! It's (almost) embarrassing how often the fine Hatz builders sweep up the awards here. So....Mark-- I told you Eric is a magician when it comes to fishing for valves. That one took waaaay longer than usual. Hope that took care of the problem. Any Hatz pilots coming to OSH should know that EAA Chapter 75's Emergency Aircraft Repair barn (near what used to be Hangar Cafe, now Machine Shed) is ready to assist you if have a problem.

Yes, that did the trick! Purred like a kitten at start up. Thanks to you guys at the repair barn. You had all the tools I needed and some great help fishing that exhaust valve back into the guide after we dropped it. I cleaned out the guide and, once Eric did his magic trick of getting the valve turned around and back into the guide, we got everything buttoned back up. I may clean out the other three exhaust valve guides just for good measure.

Thanks again for being there when I needed help.

Mark Taylor
jwhanson

Post by jwhanson »

Congratulations guys. It looks like Hatz builders are the only people left that are scratch building from plans anymore.
John and Jeff Hanson
hatz215

Post by hatz215 »

Congratulations guys, you make us proud to be Hatzers!

Steve
biplns4evr

Post by biplns4evr »

Congratulations to all.

Any chance of a picture of each of the winners?

Thanks,

Rick