50 Year Hatz Reunion:

News and Field Reports of fly-ins around the country where Hatz Nutz gather.
HatzLymanC

50 Year Hatz Reunion:

Post by HatzLymanC »

Please find an attached Flyer announcing the 50 years of Hatz Biplane celebration this summer at the Wausau Downtown Airport (KAUW). Let me know if you have any questions. I will have a list of aea motels and an event agenda ready soon. Lyman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtaylor

Re: 50 Year Hatz Reunion:

Post by mtaylor »

Lyman, I’m looking to book a room for Friday and Saturday nights during the Hatz weekend and I don’t know anything about the city such as what parts of the city are desirable and which parts to avoid booking a room. Any advice from you or anyone familiar with Wausau would be greatly appreciated! You may contact me by PM if you want, or post here for others who may have the same question.
painless

Post by painless »

Looking forward to it! Are we going to try to block off rooms at a hotel, maybe get a group rate? Might make transport to and from the aerodrome easier as well.
Jeff Orear
Hatz Classic #138
Peshtigo,WI
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=Patients
jptowey2

Post by jptowey2 »

Definitely interested in attending. Too far for me to fly my Cessna.. but looking to fly commercial and stay Friday and Saturday. Any tips on hotels appreciated.
Jim
Hatz Classic Plan #187
Sandwich, MA
kconner

Post by kconner »

2018, the 50th Anniversary will be an outstanding year for the Hatz Biplane Association. We plan to celebrate this very significant milestone with a gathering at Wausau, Oshkosh and Blakesburg. Specific details will be announced in a soon coming March newsletter. Lyman has formed a fly in committee and leading an effort to organize events and details for Wausau and I've coordinated with EAA for several events at OSH. Bob and Brent Taylor at Antique Airfield are looking forward to our arrival and 50th celebration at Blakesburg. Plan to participate with us and learn more about the legacy of John Hatz, a true homebuilder.

Kevin Conner
kevin.conner@williams.com
918-269-3361
Jetsareforkids

Post by Jetsareforkids »

I’m planning on flying my Hatz to Wausau and Oshkosh from Houston this July. Unfortunately I won’t have enough time off work to do it all in one trip, so I’m planning on pre-positioning the plane a week or two early and then showing up on July 20 in Wausau, then on to Oshkosh. I’d like to find a hangar somewhere close to leave my plane during this time. Anyone have some space or know a place that could help me out?
Jetsareforkids

Post by Jetsareforkids »

Also, I finally sent my RSVP, I wonder how many Hatzs will make it to Wausau?

Post by 160 »

Will there be any motorhome camping available at the reunion airfield site?

Thanks very much!
Dick Daly
Hatz 160 CB-1

585-797-4120

Eustis Fl
and
Rochester NY
kconner

Post by kconner »

Hello Hatzers,

I am in the process of making a short documentary type video about John Hatz and his home-built design. Interviews were done and pictures are needed to help make the video flow with the audio. I have taken quite a few pictures over the years and gotten several from the Hatz facebook page. Specifically, I am looking for...

pictures of Dudley Kelley (I don't have any)
More pictures of John Hatz
any early photos of Hatzes at fly-ins
short video from first flights
pictures of builders at some point during their build
pictures of pilots with their beloved Hatzes (in the air or on the ground)
your favorite picture that includes a Hatz

My email address is cindiconner34@gmail.com or you can send them to 12329 N. 70th E. Ave., Collinsville, OK 74021

I appreciate your help with this project and Kevin and I look forward to seeing everyone at the upcoming celebrations.

Thank you,
Cindi Conner
hreilly

Post by hreilly »

A big THANK YOU to Lyman and the Hatz family for organizing the great 50th anniversary reunion at Wausau, it was a blast.
THANK YOU to everyone who flew their beautiful biplanes to Wausau and Oshkosh.
THANK YOU to our fearless leader Kevin and his talented and beautiful wife Cindi for all they did and do for the Hatz Biplane Assoc., the hats, shirts, banners, dinners, videos and more.
Also THANK YOU to all the HBA officers who keep the club runnning.
Ro and I are looking forward to seeing everyone next year. Herb Reilly.