Suggestions for a Hatz Friendly airfield "near" Milwaukee

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other forums.
Hatz777

Suggestions for a Hatz Friendly airfield "near" Milwaukee

Post by Hatz777 »

And I'll be really sorry if the closest is Brodhead. But the hangars there would be ideal....

Considering a move "up north." Wife's best opportunity may be in Milwaukee....I mean really "IN" Milwaukee. So far in, that our cars might be in parking garages...in Milwaukee. Anybody got any good suggestions as to where I might look. A hangar/workshop would be the desired outcome, with grass. Lots and lots of grass...

Not gonna sign this....to see who figures it out....
rawheels

Re: Suggestions for a Hatz Friendly airfield "near" Milwaukee

Post by rawheels »

Hatz777 wrote:Not gonna sign this....to see who figures it out....
Hi Caasi
Hatz777 wrote:I'll be really sorry if the closest is Brodhead.
You'll never fly if your airport isn't close by. I don't know anything about these airports, but there are at least three just outside the city that have multiple grass runways:
- Capitol (02C)
- Guntley (62C) - sencond grass rwy is pretty short @ 1200'
- Timmerman (MWC) - has control tower
Hatz777

Post by Hatz777 »

.....busted.....

Thanks for the info. A cursory look from google gave me airport locations, but not much flyer detail. Part of the potential moving plan is I have to be able to answer the question "well.....what are YOU going to do when you grow up....?"
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Hi Caasi! Great to hear from an old friend! I still have your folding lawn chair from OSH about 7 or 8 years ago that you gave me because you couldn't take it on your airline flight back home. Maybe I can return it next year at Brodhead now that you'll be back 'in country'.

Good luck!

Mark Taylor
Hatz 493CK
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

P.S.

Don't grow up, you're in good company! Besides, it's boring!

MST
Hatz777

Post by Hatz777 »

Mark, it's OK to part with the folding chair....really, it is.... sometimes....ya just gotta let go....

It was 2005.
You keep lawn chairs....I keep email travel confirmations....

Now, if you know where I left a of mini-CD with video's of a flight with Bill Rusk in Mehlin's Hatz at Brodhead that year....well... didn't get home with it.

Caasi
wltrmtty

Post by wltrmtty »

I'm curious how this turned out. I live in Kenosha and Brodhead is WAY too far away. You know, you don't HAVE to live in Milwaukee. There are a lot of nice communities within easy commuting distance. My neighbor commutes to Milwaukee every day. Otherwise, there are some very nice airports not too far away. I can think of Cedarburg, Hartford and Palmyra. Timmerman is too big, IMHO.
Terry Gandy
Hatz777

Post by Hatz777 »

Walter Mitty (hah!)

We were looking at Milwaukee, specifically on the public transportation routes that my wife you use to get to a new job. That option didn't pan out, we're still in TX.

The next time she has an opportunity to move, I'll be asking a similar question...for who knows where.

Caasi