Scott Plischke Has Passed Away

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other forums.
Bitshifter

Scott Plischke Has Passed Away

Post by Bitshifter »

It is with shock and sadness that I report that Scott has passed away.
I was a regular visitor to his Hatz website to follow his progress in the hopes that my aircraft could be as good. The last time I checked his site I was surprised to see that it was gone, after a little digging I discovered the tragic news.
More can be found here.
http://www.sonerai.net/smf/index.php?topic=3584.0

I am very sad and sorry for his families loss, I will think of Scott often as I complete this journey.
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
RSouthard

Re: Scott Plischke Has Passed Away

Post by RSouthard »

Thank you for posting Ed,
I had recently discovered this as well and had pondered as to how to break the news to all here on the forum. Scott has been on my mind and in my thoughts all week as I've recalled a number of lengthy phone calls and email discussions shared with him. The last was in October of last year discussing landing gear alignment and floorboards. I feel sad for him and his family and know that he will be missed by many people that he touched in different ways.
I'm still in shock of this tragic news and again thank you for posting.
dougm

Post by dougm »

I'm shocked and saddened to hear this. I had been in touch with Scott during our builds and was wondering why I hadn't seen any updates from him this year. Truly sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
painless

Post by painless »

I never met or corresponded with Scott, but feel so fortunate to have "known" him via his exceptional build site. Very saddened to hear of his loss. Prayers to his family.
Jeff Orear
Hatz Classic #138
Peshtigo,WI
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=Patients
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Dear family and close friends to Scott,

We are very sad to learn about the passing away of Scott! We never met him personally, but had several email exchanges over the last years during the building time of both his and our Hatz.
We express our sincere condolences to you and wish you all the best for the future - we feel with you the great loss his leave created!

His Hatz building buddies
Hans & Sam Gautschi, Switzerland