First attendance to a Fly-In (Sitterdorf)

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other forums.
stearmoth

First attendance to a Fly-In (Sitterdorf)

Post by stearmoth »

Dear Hatz friends,

We are pleased to let you know, that we now can fly anywere we like! What a thrill!
This weekend we attendet the 50 years Sitterdorf Fly-In and had much pleasure! Everything went well.
We even got allowance to make a "low fly pass" (at 300 feet he,he,he - that high for you US Hatzers, isn't it?) just like the professional demo fliers do. That was stunning!

Now we have about 42 hours flight time and the plane and the Rotec just perform excellent. Cruise a 2000 RPM is about 90mph. We shurely don't have the fastest Hatz, but it's great fun!!! Here a few pictures of our "Vintage Hatz" at the Fly-In.

Best regards
Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, Switzerland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtaylor

Re: First attendance to a Fly-In (Sitterdorf)

Post by mtaylor »

She's absolutely beautiful, Hans and Sam! I bet she was the hit of the party! Maybe we will be selling Hatz plans to your part of the world now. Good show, sure wish we could see her here!
Bitshifter

Post by Bitshifter »

Glad to hear that you have flown off the required time and she is performing well. I love the show pictures, you both must be so proud of such a great achievement.
I am also building a classic with a Rotec Radial and am interested in the prop that you settled on and are you happy with it.
Ed
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Dear Ed,
Our Rotec is performing very well on a MT wooden prop with dia 2050mm and 1200mm pitch. We might choose may be rather 1250mm pitch in order to get some more cruising speed. However, you would loose a bit in climb performance. We have about 90mph cruise at 2000rpm, which is good for us.
Kind regards
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

A nice sunset flight pilot selfy of Sam. Sam flew alone, what I'm missed!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bitshifter

Post by Bitshifter »

Forum needs a "Like" button.
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"