Quiet Forum

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other forums.
JBMoore

Quiet Forum

Post by JBMoore »

I was checking the forum and there's not much going on. Everyone must be busy building!
I do have an update to pass along.
We all have that someone we credit for keeping us on track building and my "someone" is Jim Wright. After he sold his plane, he went to the dark side and joined the Ford Model A group. He enjoyed that group "because they are all older than I am".
We were just getting him back into flying, and he recently purchased a Taylorcraft BC12, when lady luck struck.
He had surgery last October and has had complications that have kept him in the hospital since. I've been to visit him and he is in for a long journey back to health.
I'll keep the group posted if things change.

Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
jptowey2

Re: Quiet Forum

Post by jptowey2 »

Hi. Bought my plans about 1 year ago, and I am hopefully going to start building my rib jigs soon. Been reading lots of different posts and the Tony B books. I jump started by getting some of the ribs pieces and gussets from an old project from another member.

Getting some question lined up.. so looking forward to the upcoming journey

Jim
Jim
Hatz Classic Plan #187
Sandwich, MA
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Jeff, just see to it that Jim is back in the air (or at least upright) this summer for Brodhead. It just isn't the same without him there (and you). It was good to see him there this past summer. Enjoyed the time we all spent Friday evening sitting and talking. Give Jim my best.
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Welcome aboard, Jptowey2! You're right, it IS a journey! An interesting, fun, challenging, long but fulfilling journey. The Hatzers are here to help if we can. Plan to spend some time reading past posts as there is a lot of info there. When you get her in the air bring her to Brodhead and show her off! Any questions, light up the forum!
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

Mark,
I will let Jim know.
Jeff
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
1964m20e

Post by 1964m20e »

Hey there is a little activity going on let's keep it up. :D
rawheels

Post by rawheels »

Hey Jeff,

Any more updates on Jim? Flying that Taylorcraft yet?
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

No, he isn't, and he is no longer able to fly.
After his surgery, he ran into complications and is now in home health care. It appears he had a stroke and he is bed ridden. His family is in the process of selling the T-craft.
It's been a sad time personally, for our EAA Chapter and airport community.
I'll have more details when I get to Broadhead.

Jeff
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.