missing red icons

Got an idea for a new conference area or new forum in an existing conference? How's about that thing that bugs you every time you use the forum? Tell us about it here!
johnkerr

missing red icons

Post by johnkerr »

Doug, I miss seeing the red icons denoting new messages. Is this something that has changed or have I inadvertantly changed a setting

John Kerr
NX687HZ
Classic w/Rotec
hatzadmin
Site Admin

Re: missing red icons

Post by hatzadmin »

Hi John,

Sorry, but I've been looking through the settings and do not see anything that would impact the icon color.
Hatz Webmaster
rawheels

Post by rawheels »

John,

I don't think you will see the red icons unless you are logged in. The site used to keep me logged-in, but now every time I click on an e-mail notification link I have to reenter my name and password.

If that doesn't help, you can always just click on the "view unread posts" link just under the date/time on the board index page. At least that will show you which ones you haven't read yet (red icon posts).

Ryan
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

Logging in did the trick, tks.
rawheels

Post by rawheels »

Doug,

Is there a reason why the site now requires a log-in every time? Is it just my computer, or was there a change in the cookies or something?
hatzadmin
Site Admin

Post by hatzadmin »

I've only been prompted once to login in as you mentioned. After that it was like any other login attempt - no confirmation required.

Are you experiencing this on every login?
Hatz Webmaster
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

There is no requirement to log in to see all the posts, but the red icons for unread posts only appear when logged in.

John
dougm

Post by dougm »

johnkerr wrote:There is no requirement to log in to see all the posts, but the red icons for unread posts only appear when logged in.

John
Yes, that is standard functionality for this forum software. It has no way of knowing what constitutes a new post for a given user without having that user log in (identify themselves).
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

I'm experiencing the same thing in that I have to log in each time. I used to have a box to click on that kept my log in info saved. I see no option now. Not a biggie, but it would be nice to not have to log in each time. What am I doing, wrong?
rawheels

Post by rawheels »

hatzadmin wrote:I've only been prompted once to login in as you mentioned. After that it was like any other login attempt - no confirmation required.

Are you experiencing this on every login?
Yes, I have to log in every time I go to the forums now. It is as if there are no cookies anymore, but maybe it is just the security settings on my computer.