Sale of NX687HZ

Where Hatz members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.
johnkerr

Sale of NX687HZ

Post by johnkerr »

In the not-too-distant future will need to sell the award-winning Hatz Classic with Rotek 3600 engine that has been so much a part of my life for the past 15 years. Only flew it about 5 hours last year and it is too good of airplane not to get out more. Weather, health and other committments keep getting in the way. Haven't put a price on it yet.

Many of you are familiar with the plane from OSH 2010, so if you hear of someone that wants to avoid the long build, let them know. I will even show them where to cross the continental divide if necessary.

John Kerr
37HatzClassic.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rawheels

Re: Sale of NX687HZ

Post by rawheels »

That's a great looking Hatz, John. Please post times, info , and asking price when you get that far down the path.
MWander

Post by MWander »

John,

I am sorry that you have to part with 687HZ, I have been following your build and flying and am dissapointed for you :-( I started my search for a Classic about a year ago, missed a great opportunity a few months back, I am still looking and even planning a build myself. Please let me know if and/or when the time comes to sell. michel_wander@yahoo.com

Does it bother everyone else here when a builder decides it is time to part with thier project?

Michel.
DeanSandham

Post by DeanSandham »

Dear John
Great photo of a great plane. If in the area would like to fly by! If you like you can reach me at banjodoc@xplornet.ca
jcadwell

Post by jcadwell »

Unless I'm wildly lucky, I'm assuming it isn't going to be less than 30K? I've got my stack of nickels for a Hatz, but it is only so tall right now. Already looked at a Kelly-D in the Bay Area. It is amazing what 18K does and doesn't get you.
PERSZYK

Post by PERSZYK »

MR KERR,
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU DECIDE TO SELL...
I HAD CB-1, 453HZ FOR 7 YEARS...BUILT BY GARY DANFORD...
I SOLD IT 2-1/2 YEARS AGO AND I HAVE MISSED FLYING TOPLESS EVER SINCE.

I HAVE A 1971 CITABRIA 7KCAB (TT 1400HRS & TTSMO 830HRS 150HP LYC)....
I INTEND TO SELL IT IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A VERY NICE LOW TIME AEROBATIC AC.

THX FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION,
RAY PERSZYK
CINCINNATI, OH 45147
513-910-9153
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

Tried to respond to you PM, not sure that you recieved my message. Selling the Hatz Classic is becoming more of a real possibility. Don't know how much interest there is at $60000 but that is where I am.

John
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

The decision has been made. NX687 HZ has to go. Getting tired of pursuing special issuance medicals, less than ideal flying conditions, etc.

It has been a year since last flown but ready to fly a few more times before someone picks it up.

Not on Barnstormers yet, Hatzers are getting first dibs.

$60,000 is the asking price for the Bronze Lindy winner 2010 pictured above with the Rotek 3600 fuel injector throttle body.

John Kerr
Griff

Post by Griff »

John,
I'm sorry to see you have to part with such a beautiful, inspiring plane. If I could, I'd fly her home today.

I wish you luck in finding your Classic a good home.

Griff
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

Flew again this morning. It flew great, engine running well. Made the best landing since returning from OSH 2010. Got to remember to keep the speed up, it slows down really fast if you reduce power too soon.

John