Hatz Classic-Need to sell

Where Hatz members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.
johnkerr

Hatz Classic-Need to sell

Post by johnkerr »

2010 Bronze Lindy winner with Rotek radial engine with mechanical fuel injected throttle body. Some of you will remember the burgandy and silver paint scheme.110 hours total time. Always hangared. Health issues make keeping fine airplane impractical.
kerrjohna@comcast.net. 435-757-7420. Was on Barnstormer last year for $60,000
duncangalt

Re: Hatz Classic-Need to sell

Post by duncangalt »

Hi John. We don't have 60,000 for the plane but I would gladly buy the origal plans or a copy of the plans from you. My son and I just bought CB-1 plans #951 but are really want to build a plane more like more like the Classic. I sent a check to Makelan for Classic plans February 6, 2018 and after some delay actually spoke to Sylvia. She had had an accident and "broken a few things" but would have someone send out the plans. No contact since. Check was never cashed. Hope she's alright. My son is three years into the Aeronautical Engineering program at Cal Poly and is starting a special hands on course. His project is to build a set of ribs (maybe a whole wing) for a HATZ. I don't want him to start on the CB-1 wing and then have to back up and re-work or replace it for the Classic mods. I'll gladly pay full new price for a set and return them if Makelan ever ships mine. JUst in case you're not a member and want to get in touch with me... duncangalt@yahoo.com or 805-402-0009
duncangalt

Post by duncangalt »

Problem solved! Thanks to Jim Towey we are now the proud owners of Hatz Classic plans # 187 as well as enough aircraft spruce to make a complete set of ribs.
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

This award winner is apparently not meeting the needs of those who have explored purchasing it. My health continues to deteriorate so really need to get it sold. Will $50,000 stir any interest? The offer at $42,000 came the closest.
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Hi Duncan,

I'm glad you found a set of Classic plans! The problem with Jeff Shoemake seems not to be overcome!!! I would suggest, that the HATZ Association would get the copyrights of the Classic as well so this problem would be solved for all time. I really don't know, why Makelan is not willing to sell those plans if a customer is ordering them!
Happy building Duncan and son, it's worthwhile!
Cheers Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, "Vintage Hatz", Switzerland
HC85

Post by HC85 »

The last I heard from a gentleman attending the Hatz Forum at Oshkosh this year, held in the Vintage area, was that the rights for the Classic Plans and jigs are "for sale".

I do not know for sure what that price would be, but I do not think it would be cheap. I have heard some discussion on a price of 40k being thrown out.

If someone were to 'buy" the rights and jigs and "donate" them to the Association, I am sure the Association would LOVE to have the rights and jigs.

I do not think the Association is in a position to be able to purchase them, my opinion.

I wish Makelan would just donate them to the Association, and take the value off of their taxes. I would think it would surely help a business bottom line. But, I am not an accountant.

Anyone else in the Association who knows more and is willing to comment, please do so.

Rick Shultz
HC85
johnkerr

Post by johnkerr »

My Hatz is moldering in the hangar, someone needs to give it a good home.

John Kerr
nightpilot300

Post by nightpilot300 »

I’m looking for a classic. Can you email me some info and pictures. John Gross at nightpilot300@yahoo.com

Thanks.