Aircraft Parts Suppliers

A forum to discuss resources, suppliers, tips, and general information common to two or more of the biplanes.
dougm

Aircraft Parts Suppliers

Post by dougm »

Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
dougm

Re: Aircraft Parts Suppliers

Post by dougm »

OK, I need to post a BIG plug for Wick's Aircraft. Sometime back I had ordered my streamline tubing for the cabanes & interplanes. When the box arrived I checked for damage (none) and checked my order (yup, 12 pieces, 6 @ 42" & 6@ 54") and promptly tucked the box in a corner.

Yesterday I was going through the tubing and noticed that one piece was warped (as you would see sighting a piece of lumber lengthwise). Upon further investigation I discovered that 6 of the 12 pieces I ordered were either bent slightly or crowned and unusable.

I decided to call Wick's and see what, if anything, could be done. When I talked to the manager I realized that my original order was 10 months old (ooops! a little late to be complaining now.). I explained the situation and acknowledged that I should have checked these more thoroughly when I received them. Well, after a short discussion, the manager decided he'd just replace them for me @ no charge!!! He acknowledged that at the time they were sourcing their streamline out of china and the quality was not always there. They are now sourcing their streamline out of the U.S. and expect better results.

So, three cheers for Wick's customer service!!!

Also, a lesson learned - check your tubing thoroughly upon receipt. This could have been a very expensive mistake on my part. :oops:
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
hatz672

Re: Aircraft Parts Suppliers

Post by hatz672 »

Genuine Aircraft Hardware Co. is the only retail source of those AN741-6 tube clamps for the aileron control cable guides on the compression strut that I've been able to find. The new number is MS 27405-6 but the only have them in the -6P type, which are cad plated. I'll be stripping that off with oven cleaner before welding on them. I looked all over creation for the two-piece -T6 version so they wouldn't be captive but they are not stocked anywhere. --Galen Johnson