Hatz Progress

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
kconner

Hatz Progress

Post by kconner »

The Hatz is coming along well. I plan to have the wings mounted this week and get the W&B done soon. I talked with a DAR and he explained the required documents for the inspection. The leather work is done. I should be able to fly the time off and make it to Brodhead. Starting to feel it. Can't wait to fly. I would love to show pictures but I have never figured out how to post a photo. I've spent many aggrevating hours trying to post pictures.

Kevin Conner
stearmoth

Re: Hatz Progress

Post by stearmoth »

Hi Kevin,

Nice to read that you are close for first flight! It seems that we might make ours in the same couple of weeks...
Would be nice to watch some pics! Loading pictures is easy on this forum: You just have to resize the files to about 600 kB and you just load from the file on your computer by pressing "upload attachment" on this forum and that's all to do! Please, just try it!

Kind regards
Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, Switzerland
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Everyone should have a 14 year old kid around the house to show us how "easy" it is to do this stuff. :lol: I have the same issue...I can't get my photo file to the forum. I've tried but the forum just doesn't recognize it or something.
orchardair

Re: Hatz Progress - posting pics.

Post by orchardair »

Step one:
Hit "reply" and see that at the bottom of the page there is a tab labeled "Upload attachment". (click on that tab).

Step two:
Once the "Upload attachment" tab is selected, click the "Choose File" button. This will take you to your computer's file system, where you navigate to the picture, and click "Open" (a better label would have been "Select", but whatever).

Step three:
Once the picture file has been "opened", you are back at the "Upload attachment" tab, with the name of the selected file in the "Filename" line.
all you need to do is click "Add the file". The smaller the file, the quicker it will upload (600kb seems to be a good size).

Step four:
click the (now visible) button labeled "Place inline", and move the string that looks like [attachment=0]<your file name here>[/attachment\] where you want the actual picture to be in your post.

Step five:
Submit.
Last edited by orchardair on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hatz Classic plans# 136
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Thanks, will try.
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

My Hatz in my front yard. Should'nt every home have an airplane in the front yard?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rawheels

Re: Hatz Progress - posting pics

Post by rawheels »

If you need to reduce the file size of your picture, one of the easiest tools is Microsoft Paint (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint).

Open your picture, Click the resize button to make the pic smaller, then "save as" a different file name. You'll notice that the file size (shown at the bottom) changes after you save the file.
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Trying to downsize but I'm working off of an iPad and can't find a downsize option as I do on my laptop. Any suggestions there or is the option just not available on an iPad? Seems the iPad is a whole different animal than my Dell.
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Kevin, sorry to pirate your thread, but I think I'm learning something here. Maybe we could say that "Hatz progress" includes learning how to post a picture of our Hatzes. :lol:

Glad to hear of your progress. Pretty exciting, eh?
kconner

Post by kconner »

Leather Work.jpg
Ints Panel.jpg
pulley cover.jpg
Cindi Stitching.jpg
Hope this works. Today the boot cowl panels and forward cockpit sheet metal was installed. The brakes were serviced and I plan to mount the center section tomorrow. Should have the wings on it by this week-end. My wife Cindi did some nice leather stitching while I drank beer. Just kidding!

Kevin Conner