Fuselage drawings and wing drawings. Help

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Alexsandro2017

Fuselage drawings and wing drawings. Help

Post by Alexsandro2017 »

Hello friends,
I wonder if anyone has the designs with the measures of the fuzelagen and wings of the Hatz CB-1.
Here in Brazil you have nowhere to find a Hatz to reproduce following your measurements.
My web searches were satisfactory and I found several techniques and complete drawings, but none with the measures.
I have all the material to start my project, but I'm blind.
Thank you all and sorry for my bad request.

:) :) :) :)
dougm

Re: Fuselage drawings and wing drawings. Help

Post by dougm »

Hello Alexsandro, Welcome!
I've seen your posts looking for drawings and, as others have suggested, the best course of action would be to buy a set of plans. There are three different models to choose from : CB-1, Classic, Bantam. The CB-1 plans are available through the Hatz Biplane Association, Classic plans are available from Makelan Corporation, and Bantam plans are available from Hangar 10 Aero. Links to all three of these are on our home page www.hatzbiplane.com

I noticed you posted a request for CAD drawing on the Classic forum. Those drawings are specific to the Classic and some will not work on the CB-1. You'll need to decide which model you want to build and purchase a set of plans for that model. There's a long history to each model, but suffice it to say that each person invested a great deal of time, money, and effort to create their respective plans and simply giving them away is not fair to them. Also, a full set of plans is necessary because you may need to reference multiple drawings to get all the necessary information for a given part or assembly.

You will find many people here will to help once you start your build, but buying plans is the best place to start.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
Alexsandro2017

Post by Alexsandro2017 »

dougm wrote:Hello Alexsandro, Welcome!
I've seen your posts looking for drawings and, as others have suggested, the best course of action would be to buy a set of plans. There are three different models to choose from : CB-1, Classic, Bantam. The CB-1 plans are available through the Hatz Biplane Association, Classic plans are available from Makelan Corporation, and Bantam plans are available from Hangar 10 Aero. Links to all three of these are on our home page http://www.hatzbiplane.com

I noticed you posted a request for CAD drawing on the Classic forum. Those drawings are specific to the Classic and some will not work on the CB-1. You'll need to decide which model you want to build and purchase a set of plans for that model. There's a long history to each model, but suffice it to say that each person invested a great deal of time, money, and effort to create their respective plans and simply giving them away is not fair to them. Also, a full set of plans is necessary because you may need to reference multiple drawings to get all the necessary information for a given part or assembly.

You will find many people here will to help once you start your build, but buying plans is the best place to start.
Thank you very much.
One more question.
A set of plans, I think it's the digital, or is it a physical object? What if it can be sent to the South of Brazil? What are the values of a set of plans?
Thanks for listening.
Did I check that the CD-Rom version is 40.00?
I do not know if it's right, but is it?
dougm

Post by dougm »

Plans are physical - paper and easily shipped internationally. There are many Hatz builders around the world.

CB-1 plans are $200.00
Classic plans are $250.00
Bantam plans are $360.00

All prices are USD. You should explore the websites and decide which one you want and then order from them.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
Alexsandro2017

Post by Alexsandro2017 »

dougm wrote:Plans are physical - paper and easily shipped internationally. There are many Hatz builders around the world.

CB-1 plans are $200.00
Classic plans are $250.00
Bantam plans are $360.00

All prices are USD. You should explore the websites and decide which one you want and then order from them.
Thank you very much.
:mrgreen: