Flying Wires - Group Order!!

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
dougm

Flying Wires - Group Order!!

Post by dougm »

Bill Harvey is looking for anyone interested in ordering flying wires now. He has quotes from Steen Aero for 1 set & discount for 5 sets. If we order 5 or more sets we get a discount of $811.52.

This order is not specific to the CB-1. ALL Hatz orders welcome and encouraged!

Now is the time to get your flying wires! They are only going to go up in price. One set is 3998.72, 5+ sets is 3187.20/ea. (Admin Note: This is true, the last time there was a group order was 2005 and the discount price was $2196. I would recommend ordering now even if, like me, you are still a long ways from needing them. They won't be cheaper a year or two from now.)

Contact Bill Harvey: 706-468-3002
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
dougm

Re: Flying Wires - Group Order!!

Post by dougm »

OK everyone, the order is in the works and this is your last notice to get in on it. I spoke to Bill tonight and he has 7 people signed up. If you order on your own a set of wires will run you $3998.00. If you get in on the group order you save $811, so your net cost is $3187.00

Like everything else, these will only get more expensive over time, so now is your chance to save some big $$$.

If you are interested, contact Bill and get your name on the list. Don't miss your chance!
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
MICHAEL LEBLANC

Post by MICHAEL LEBLANC »

JUST BEGAN THE SEARCH FOR WIRES AND CAME ACCROSS THE THREAD. PLEASE RELAY ANY INFO YOU HAVE ON THE MANUFACTURE AND SUPPLY, AS WELL AS LEAD TIMES. AS MENTIONED JUST STARTING THE SEARCH AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVISE. FOUND AN OLD INVENTORY AT FLYINGWIRES.COM BUT HAVE NOT RESEARCHED TO SEE IF THEY ARE COMPATABLE. INTERESTED IN JOINING THE GROUP ORDER IF INDEED THIS IS THE BEST DEALO ON WIRES FOR THE HATZ CLASSIC. THANKYOU......MICHAEL LEBLANC
MICHAEL LEBLANC
COVINGTON,LA
dougm

Post by dougm »

Hi Michael,

Bill Harvey is coordinating the order. His phone number is posted at the beginning of this thread (706-468-3002).

We are ordering through Steen Aero who deals with Bruntons in Scotland. Bruntons is the only remaining supplier of flying wires in the world. I'm familiar with the other source you mentioned, but that is an inventory of old wires and you will not be guaranteed that they have a complete set for a Hatz. You may find a couple that will work, but not a full set.

I talked to the folks at Steen yesterday and they are willing to hold off if we can get more folks, but I would recommend that you contact Bill Harvey and put your name on the list and then contact Steen to place your order. Steen requires 50% deposit and the balance on delivery.

I don't know what the lead time is like, but I would expect it take several weeks at least.
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
MICHAEL LEBLANC

Post by MICHAEL LEBLANC »

THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE DOUG. I WILL GIVE HIM A CALL. NICE TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE THIS MANY BEING BUILT AT ONE TIME. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES.
MICHAEL LEBLANC
COVINGTON,LA
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Hi Doug,

As we are living in the old part of the World, it doesn't make sense for us to partizipate in this order, however, we are interested anyway. Say, the price you noted in the forum, does this include the clevis parts or not? We intend to make our own flying wires and started to build the machine for this as we will not need the wires before 2 years from now. We already make scale streamline wires (as most will know) and are now making our own 1/8" square stainless drag/antidrag wires. We want to run the static load test of the wings with Jurg Mueller's flying wires (doing his and our load test in a row). This test is mandatory for wooden and composite homebuilts in our country.

Happy Hatz building

Hans & Sam, H.C. no. 78, Switzerland
dougm

Post by dougm »

Yes, the price DOES include the clevis terminal assemblies.
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
PA28Arrow

Post by PA28Arrow »

I suspect I may be too late to get in on the group order. Is it still possible? I'm going to try and contact Bill Harvey tomorrow and I hope I haven't missed it.
dougm

Post by dougm »

Contact Bill and he'll give you the info to contact Steen Aero. Actually, you could probably just call Steen (www.steenaero.com 321-725-4160) directly and ask for Dave (mention the Hatz order). As far as I know the order has been placed with Bruntons, but you still may be able to get in on it. Give it a shot and let us know how you make out.
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
PA28Arrow

Post by PA28Arrow »

Thanks for the info about Dave at Steen Aero. I spoke with Dave this morning and he indicated he was going to try and get my order added to the group order. It was certainly a nice Thanksgiving present!