Rotec engine 3D CAD Models ...

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
womenfly2

Rotec engine 3D CAD Models ...

Post by womenfly2 »

Do not know if anyone is aware of this, but if you need a 3D CAD model of the Rotec R2800 or R3600 engine, click here: http://www.rotecaerosport.com/faq/36/

Blue skies,
Keri-Ann
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Love2Fly ...
Keri-Ann

Web site: Keri-Ann's Pietenpol Plan Packages
Picture site: Keri-Ann's Pietenpol
Nick

Re: Rotec engine 3D CAD Models ...

Post by Nick »

Heh... yeah, I got them to make those for us 3D folks. I'm going to use it to make a mockup out of styrofoam.
Here's my first render:

Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
womenfly2

Post by womenfly2 »

.... haaaa, photo rendering. Love it!

Well thanks for doing that, sure makes it easier to fit it to a 3D Model. So Nick, what system are you rendering this on?

Blue skies,
Keri-Ann
Love2Fly ...
Keri-Ann

dougm

Post by dougm »

Nick wrote:Heh... yeah, I got them to make those for us 3D folks. I'm going to use it to make a mockup out of styrofoam.
Nick
Cool! What would be involved in having a full size mock done? I would love to have one... it would make life a lot easier.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
womenfly2

Post by womenfly2 »

One could have all the external part 3D Printed. Do not know if the 3D CAD model can be parted out from the file. I will see or maybe Nick could look at it too, quite talented that man.

Maybe the engine mock-up model could be shared between us builders?

Blue skies,
Keri-Ann
Love2Fly ...
Keri-Ann

dougm

Post by dougm »

That could work... as long as it can survive being shipped around and used in the shop.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
womenfly2

Post by womenfly2 »

That would depend on the material its made from. High strength impact plastics are available too. All depends on how much one wants to spend for this project.
Love2Fly ...
Keri-Ann

rawheels

Post by rawheels »

Does anyone know of any good 3D modeling/CAD software that is free? I have been using Google Sketchup and really like it, but version 8 got rid of nice features like being able to use .dxf & .dwg files. For 3D Models you can export in a .dae file type, anyone ever heard of that?

Ryan
womenfly2

Post by womenfly2 »

Ryan, most file exchange format that I use between me and my shops are; IGS & STEP.

As for free, not found any but demos with limits as you are finding out. I use SolidWorks at work and home.
... maybe someone else will chime in on that. I know of one open-source 3d Modeling software some people in gaming use: Blender.org

Blue skies,
Keri-Ann
Love2Fly ...
Keri-Ann

orchardair

Post by orchardair »

Ryan,
Try Autodesk 123D beta. it is free, you can export step files, and I have had good experience with customer support .
http://www.123dapp.com/
Amit.

rawheels wrote:Does anyone know of any good 3D modeling/CAD software that is free? I have been using Google Sketchup and really like it, but version 8 got rid of nice features like being able to use .dxf & .dwg files. For 3D Models you can export in a .dae file type, anyone ever heard of that?

Ryan
Hatz Classic plans# 136