Hatz Project Tour

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
jptowey2

Re: Hatz Project Tour

Post by jptowey2 »

Let me know when you guys connect, would like to join if possible. Thanks Jim
Jim
Hatz Classic Plan #187
Sandwich, MA
dougm

Post by dougm »

Sure thing Jim. Anytime you want to stop in.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

I firmed up the route. Weather permitting I'll be a little earlier than I expected. I plan to stop at Steves Sat afternoon May.06. I'll be in PEI a couple of days Sun/Mon and headed to Doug's on Tues. Ed's on Wed and mtaylor's on Thurs. If those are not good days for you let me know. I sent a message with email address and phone number.
Route.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
Bitshifter

Post by Bitshifter »

Wow, that will be quite a trip, very exciting. I will be around on Wednesday May 10 but unfortunately I have to work. I may be able to get out early but I will wait until it gets closer. The airport to fly into is N57, New Garden, and it is about 5 minutes from my house. N57 has 100LL but not much else, KMQS is about a 10 minute flight in a Tri-Pacer and is a full service airport with a restaurant and a landing fee if you don't hit the restaurant. They can probable get you a cab and recommend a place to stay if you need it. I may be able to arrange a room at my house after I clear it with the boss. I will send you a PM when I get clearance along with my number.
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

Thanks Ed. I was trying to plan for a weekend but that didn't work out. Even if you just have a couple of hours in the evening would be good. I appreciate the offer of a room for the night but I'm good at a hotel. PM me your phone number and I'll contact you a day or two before I come. I sent a message with my phone number and email.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

I had to abort the trip because of weather. I did get the see Steve's Hatz in southern Ontario. Had a great afternoon. Thanks Steve. When I get the chance I'll plan another trip.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
Bitshifter

Post by Bitshifter »

Murray,
I am sorry that it fell through, I was looking forward to getting together. The Hatz will probably be here for a little while longer so there is no rush.
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Sorry for the abort. If the trip still in the future, maybe it will work out better for me to accommodate your visit. Besides rain and soggy conditions, I have been tied up. Hope to met up in the future! Any chance you'll be at Brodhead? If so, see you here!
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

Just a heads up. Some of the guys here are planning to fly to St John, New Brunswick for the COPA AGM June 21-23 2018, me included. I'd like to revive the Hatz tour on the way back. I'll post more particulars early next year.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
dougm

Post by dougm »

Sounds good Murray. St. Johns isn't all that far from me so it would be an easy trip for you.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster