South Florida visit

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Bell1st

South Florida visit

Post by Bell1st »

Anyone in South Florida willing to show off their Hatz or Hatz project? I'm an airline pilot on a long Miami layover next week (8 to 10 Jan inclusive). I'm considering a Hatz project and would like to see one up close and personal. I'll rent a car and come to you! E-mail is the best way to contact. Thanks in advance.

Larry Arnold
aka Bell1st
dlarryarnold@hotmail.com
Paul Uhlig

Re: South Florida visit

Post by Paul Uhlig »

Hi Larry,

I'm not sure how many Hatz builders/flyers there are in South Florida, but if you ever get to Kansas or Oklahoma you are certainly welcome to come for a visit. I'm sure there are many others around the country who would be delighted to help you, too. Please write again if you have any questions any of us on this site can help you with. There is a lot of expertise here, and a lot of welcoming support for new builders.

Paul Uhlig
Wichita, Kansas
Bell1st

Post by Bell1st »

Thanks Paul. I'm usually over in Asia and there aren't many Hatz projects there! Have to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves. I'll get a chance to get a detailed look eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

There are a few blogs if you want a real detailed look at the build process. Whenever I start something new on my build I check a few of my favorite blogs to see how the other guys did it. You can pick up the blog urls from this forum. Nothing beats a visit and a ride for a real close look though. :)
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada