One year of Hatz ownwership

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Jetsareforkids

One year of Hatz ownwership

Post by Jetsareforkids »

Time for a condition inspection, that means it must be about a year. I purchased Hatz Classic s.n. 022 last year and now have around 65 hours in it. Anything special I should look for during the inspection?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bitshifter

Re: One year of Hatz ownwership

Post by Bitshifter »

I would check the shock strut hardware. Do a search for springs and you will find some info. Also check the tail wheel retaining hardware. Nice looking Hatz.
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

Bugs on the pilot's teeth......
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Very nice Hatz Classic with paint scheme a la Al Williams... (there is also a Waco QCF similar painted flying).
By the way, we now more than 100 h flightime and will also check the shock struts on the gear. Will let you know the result.

Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, Switzerland
Jetsareforkids

Post by Jetsareforkids »

Thanks, I make it to Austria occasionally, might be able to sneak over to Switzerland to check out your Hatz sometime. I followed along with your build, truly a work of art. And I’m sure I can speak for all of us Americans, we are all envious of your shop.
Jetsareforkids

Post by Jetsareforkids »

Inspection went well, no big surprises. I ended up going with a local shop to have some experienced mechanics do the inspection. It was the first time I had all the panels off the airplane, so I wanted to make sure there was nothing scary going on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jetsareforkids

Post by Jetsareforkids »

More pictures...