More Classic pics.

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Jetsareforkids

More Classic pics.

Post by Jetsareforkids »

Some more pictures of s.n. 022. I like to think of is as Gulfhawk V.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mmarien

Re: More Classic pics.

Post by mmarien »

Nice. Orange seem to be the color lately. Steve's is orange also.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
Ray Beeninga

Post by Ray Beeninga »

It does look like a Gulfhawk! Does it have a constant prop or is that third quadrant lever for trim? I love the look, are you far enough away from Oklahoma that I could copy the paint job and look almost original? Ray
Jetsareforkids

Post by Jetsareforkids »

No constant speed, just throttle, mixture and carb heat. As for copying the scheme... the more the merrier. Besides mine is a copy of the Gulfhawks. Al Williams was the man, pitched in the major leagues, raced in the Schneider Cup, flew a ME-109 before WWII, did dive bombing demonstrations with live bombs, etc. He had almost half a million kids signed up in his Junior Aviator program that followed his weekly aviation publications and radio programs. I have to explain to most people that my airplane is not painted in Houston Astros colors, except those over 80, they all know exactly what it’s supposed to look like.