flying wires

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Mark and Sandra Marino inspired modified Hatz Bantam biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from real experts.
flyswatter24

flying wires

Post by flyswatter24 »

To other Hatz Bantam homebuilders: Steen Aero Lab flying wires arn't cheap and there's a long wait from ordering until delivery. Mark advises that a volume order could result in a sizeable cost savings (the delivery time, I don't know). Are there any of you who whould go in with me on a group order?
dougm

Re: flying wires

Post by dougm »

We've just recently completed a group order across the current Hatz builders so I don't know how many more are looking to buy right now. Give it a try, but you need at least five to make it worthwhile.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hey Bantam Builders, we're starting another flying wire group order. We have three, possibly four people already, so we need one or two more. Ordering in a group of 5 or more will save you over $900 on the wires (the discounted price is about $3,200). If you're getting near needing your wires, you're welcome to order with us. The price seems to go up every year. Please contact me at nboughen(at)telus.net.

Nick
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

Seeing as it has been almost a year since your last post, would it be correct to assume your group order has already been made? If not let's talk. If this group is complete, I would like to suggest another group order. We are building Bantam 035 and would like to hear from others interested in wires. Rusty
Hatz Bantam 035
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

How about a bump here? We just got our ribs and will take our spar material in to be shaped this week. Can wires be far behind? Anyone else interested in wires for the Bantam? Rusty
Hatz Bantam 035
mmcgrew

Post by mmcgrew »

If u do a group order. I might be interested in 2 short tail wires.

Michael
N9648B