Hatz in Central Florida

Where Hatz members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.
rawheels

Hatz in Central Florida

Post by rawheels »

Does anyone know anything about this Hatz for sale? http://barnstormers.com/ad_detail.php?ID=458335

Seems a little off; Price is lower than the others listed, but it is brand new. Also, it is listed by a friend, yet the owner "John" has ten other listings posted on barnstormers right now. Anyway, I am trying to get in touch with either the owner or friend, but just wanted to see if anyone knew about the plane or it's construction.
dlawrence

Re: Hatz in Central Florida

Post by dlawrence »

That airplane has been sold twice since you posted your question. :roll: :roll:
Last edited by dlawrence on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
rawheels

Post by rawheels »

It doesn't surprise me. I did finally talk to the owner shortly after I posted the message last year. He was advertising the aircraft as being certified in 2010. After speaking with him, it was actually built in the 80's and he had just reassembled it. He only had a top-overhaul completed on the engine and didn't do any new fabric work or anything else; just bolted it all together and called it brand new! Didn't seem very honest, so I walked away pretty quickly.
dlawrence

Post by dlawrence »

That aircraft has been sold.
Last edited by dlawrence on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
rawheels

Post by rawheels »

Glad to hear that. Hopefully the new owner loves it and flys the skirt off of it regularly. Maybe we'll see it at Brodhead?