Serial Number

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
DonF

Serial Number

Post by DonF »

It is time to Register my Hatz CB-1 and I need to have a serial number. Is it typical to just use the serial number from the plans that came with the project or to come up with something else? Any thoughts?
Don
JBMoore

Re: Serial Number

Post by JBMoore »

I used the number from the plans, which is technically not a serial number, its a tracking number for how many sets of plans are out there.
As the FAA sees it, you are the manufacturer and you may decide what serial number to assign to your aircraft. I've looked at lots of data plates and have seen many "styles" of numbers.
If you use the plans number, it would make it easer to tie the aircraft back to the original plans purchaser in the data base.
And... if you're considering a S/N it must mean you are getting close to completion... GOOD LUCK and keep on chugging!!!

Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

For lack of a better number, I'm using my plans # for my N #
DonF

Post by DonF »

Thanks for the replies. I would like to use the plans number to be respectful to the man that started this project but it has faded from the set of plans and he doesn't remember the number. Is there a data base of the older plans buyers somewhere in the AHA? Who would I ask about that?
Don
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

Go to the "Contact Us" page and look for Mark Marino. He should have access to the data base.
Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.