Aluminum spar wings

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
mmcgrew

Re: Aluminum spar wings

Post by mmcgrew »

Another center section
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mmcgrew

Post by mmcgrew »

Another Center Section
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mmcgrew

Post by mmcgrew »

Sorry Lorin. I just caught what you were talking about. You are right. The small holes were an after the fact add. I added them more for strength than weight.

Michael
N838MM
oldecastleaeroworks

Post by oldecastleaeroworks »

Michael,

Have you given any thought to offering plans and/or kits for your aluminum wings?

Bernard
mmcgrew

Post by mmcgrew »

Yes I have. I still have all the jigs and dies for the ribs. i could furnish the ribs and attachments. The spars can be purchased from Carlson. Check out the coming Jan edition of Sport Aviation.

Thanks

Michael

PS We have flown off the 25 hour restrictions. Very happy with finished product. The 360 carried the plane very well. Great climb and better cruise speed than I would have thought.
oldecastleaeroworks

Post by oldecastleaeroworks »

Hi Michael,

Just curious since this post is under the Hatz CB-1 forum. Your plane is the Hatz Classic, correct? Will your aluminum wings work with either version? I am looking forward to the Jan. Sport Aviation to learn more.

Thank you,
Bernard
mmcgrew

Post by mmcgrew »

Yes Classic. I do not know any reason they would not work. Probably alter the lower wing butt rib and maybe the size of the aileron bay. I actually used some specs from the CB1 and the Classic. The rib shapes are matches to the wood Clark airfoil.

TKS
Michael