HC #86 Update

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
splischke

HC #86 Update

Post by splischke »

I just finished cutting the finishing the floor boards. It was a bit tedious work but I enjoyed it. The EV-400 Epoxy varnish really shines!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Plischke. Building Hatz Classic #86 from plans. See http://www.thehatz.com
PoconoJohn

Re: HC #86 Update

Post by PoconoJohn »

I enjoy the photos on your website; they help a lot. Looking good there Scott.
John Cronin
HC 149
jwhanson

Post by jwhanson »

Here is a suggestion that worth adding on the Classic with the stepped floor boards.
John Hanson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
splischke

Post by splischke »

Great idea and easy to implement. Thanks!

-Scott
Scott Plischke. Building Hatz Classic #86 from plans. See http://www.thehatz.com
Bitshifter

Post by Bitshifter »

Can anyone explain the reason that the floor is higher in the rear of the Classic. To me the step seems to create a problem with the ruder pedals. I like the ramp suggestion but why not just make both floors the same elevation. Is there any interference that I am not seeing?
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
dougm

Post by dougm »

The raised floor provides clearance for the aileron push tubes which run under the floor.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster