RFI: Forsling Exhaust

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Ebby

RFI: Forsling Exhaust

Post by Ebby »

I purchased the exhaust in 2006 from Forsling Aviation and am just getting around to mounting it. A beautiful piece of welding in stainless steel. Small wire cable loops swaged with a copper band came with the exhaust and I am wondering if any builders have photos of how they used them to provide support for the two 'down pipes'. I have an idea but pictures would sure help.

Thanks.
Ebby
Hatz Classic S/N 37
Flying!
HC85

Re: RFI: Forsling Exhaust

Post by HC85 »

Hi Ebby, The Hanson's used a Forsling exhaust. I can't speak for them, but they have been very helpful to me. If you haven't figured it out on your own yet, perhaps give them a ring?
Ebby

Post by Ebby »

I called John Forsling direct. He gave me a couple ideas but basically said "Do whatever works best."
Ebby
Hatz Classic S/N 37
Flying!
jwhanson

Post by jwhanson »

I pop riveted two 1 inch square pieces of hardware store aluminum to the bottom of the firewall and attached the cables from Forsling to those. They have held up just fine.
John Hanson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ebby

Post by Ebby »

I called John Forsling and he helped. Your picture really helps.

Thanks
Ebby
Hatz Classic S/N 37
Flying!