Vintage Hatz at Flugtage Kehl, Germany

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other forums.
stearmoth

Vintage Hatz at Flugtage Kehl, Germany

Post by stearmoth »

28052016-KEH_3937-1.jpg
28052016-KEH_3937-1.jpg
28052016-KEH_3935-1.jpg
28052016-KEH_4157-1.jpg
28052016-KEH_3928-1.jpg
20160528_121852-1.jpg
Hi Hatz friends,

To breake the silence, here some pics of our first abroad Fly-in attenance at Kehl airfield, Germany!
If we would not have been forced to fly home that warly due to bad weather forecast, we would be able to show some pics of formation flying with some vintage aeroplanes like a FW Stieglitz, a Stearman PT-17 and a Dewoitine 26...
Best regards and hopefully finally the summer weather arrives..

Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, Switzerland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stearmoth

Re: Vintage Hatz at Flugtage Kehl, Germany

Post by stearmoth »

28052016-KEH_4010-1.jpg
28052016-KEH_4053-1.jpg
20160528_112216-1.jpg
And then the FW Stieglitz and Dewoitine D.26
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dougm

Post by dougm »

Great shots Hans! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a good time.

When are you and Sam coming back to Brodhead?
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
stearmoth

Re: Vintage Hatz at Flugtage Kehl revival 2017, Germany

Post by stearmoth »

Hi Hatzers,
The flying season has started and Sam and I made a journey in the Vintage Hatz to Venice, Italy,then to Proto Roz, Slovenia and back home over Trento, Italy. All-up about 10 hours flight - simply beautiful and thank's god and Rotec guys with no issues and save. See pictures attached.
Last weekend we again attended the Vintage gathering at Kehl, Germany. Watch the entrance board sign with our Rotec grinning!
Sam did a marvelous job as he performed his airshow routine (no aerobatics allowed, just good presentation of plane before the crowds). He also participated in a 4-plane formation!
The Hatz had nice nabours in form of Focke Wulf Stieglitzes. Even the old guy (now the 3 month in retirement ) had a change to ride in a Stieglitz behind a Siemens SH-14 radial - what a sound!! This engine woul be perfect for a Hatz (same weight as a 9-cyl. Rotec), but a rebuilt one costs as much as we paied in material and engine for the Hatz. And to find one for sale is very difficult!

We are so happy with our Rotec engine and the Hatz - is pure enjoyment! Fuel consumption is a mere 24 to 25 liters an hour!
Hope to see all again next year again and enjoy the gathering at Brodhead!

Kindest regards

stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

more pics
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

further pics
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

and further
mtaylor

Post by mtaylor »

Wow! Those are beautiful pictures! You are having so much fun with your Hatz! Wish I could get mine over there to fly with you to those flyins. But then again, maybe not...your Hatz is so gorgeous it would put mine to shame! Thanks, Hans and Sam, for your hard and diligent work building your Hatz and presenting such a stunning representation of the Hatz design to the European flying communities!
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Dear Mark,
Thank you very much for your nice comments - I appreciate very much! But don't devalue your own Hatz - it's a beauty too with that green and cream colors!
I fact, there are very few Hatzes over here in Europe: I know of about 2 or 3 flying each in France and England and just one in Germany. And now, recently first flown is Wojtek's Classic with the Rotec engine in Poland.
We don't have met one eighter, but hope to do in the future.
It would be great to bring our Hatz to the US for the 50 years Hatz celebration, but it would cost a fortune.....
If ever you Hatzers are in Europe or even Switzerland, just drop a mail and we will see to have a visit arranged...
Enjoy save flying as we also intend to do over here and see you hopefully next year! We still have to collect our Award of achievement from the Hatz club!
Kind regards

stearmoth

Vintage Hatz at venice, Italy

Post by stearmoth »

We are now on "Airplane-Pictures.net" photo page: http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/ ... hatz-cb-1/; a very professional photograph taken by Italian artiste Davide Olivati on our way to Venice