HATZ CB-1 metal spar wings

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
bedsten

HATZ CB-1 metal spar wings

Post by bedsten »

Hello all!
My name is Bruce Edsten and I have CB-1 project that I purchased a couple years ago. Unfortunately, it languished in my garage while other projects took precedence, such as my daughter's wedding and the building of a new house. The GOOD news is the house is on the shorter of two sod runways at Willow Island Airpark, just east of Louisville, KY, and has a 3600 sq. ft. HANGAR behind it! Once all the dust has settled, work will commence in earnest on the HATZ.

The project was bought specifically because the work on the wings had not been started. While there is still plenty to do without doing any wing work, I want to explore the feasibility (for me, at least) of the metal spar wing. As I recall, someone had plans for this wing at Poplar Grove some years ago, and I really fell in love with the idea of a termite-proof spar! If anybody has a connection to the gentleman with the plans, and/or any experience building these wings, I would really appreciate hearing from you!

Thanx in advance!

Bruce Edsten
HATZ CB-1 S/N 748
mmcgrew

Re: HATZ CB-1 metal spar wings

Post by mmcgrew »

I hope this works. See attached.Carlson metal spars and aluminum ribs.

Michael
N838MM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mmcgrew

Post by mmcgrew »

Picture did not work very well. More pics at http://my.att.net/p/PWP-N838MM

Michael
N838MM
HatzLymanC

Post by HatzLymanC »

If you click on the picture it opens up.

Lyman
mmcgrew

Post by mmcgrew »

Very good

Michael
N838MM