Almost done HC162

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
ssearle

Re: Almost done HC162

Post by ssearle »

Hello Ed
I'm awaiting papers. Have just applied for the certificate of registration which takes 90 days maximum in Canada, then apply for the final inspection. I will probably be legal to fly by Christmas, way to cold for an open
cockpit but will probably do some taxi testing and if I lift off I'll fly a pattern or two. This won't be enough to get accurate figures.
Thanks Steve
Woha

Post by Woha »

Hi Steve, my prop is from Culer Prop too, but it is 84x55". So it's definitely cruise prop. I'm curious about your performance in the near future. My Hatz is performing very well so far, just waiting for the CAA certificate. I wonder if you have more pictures of your beautiful Hatz published somewere?
Wojtek
dougm

Post by dougm »

Wojtek, what are you seeing for cruise speed with that prop?
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
Woha

Post by Woha »

Doug, I'm out of home for the next few days. I'm going to post my performance data in separate thread, for easier navigation.
Regards,
Wojtek
stearmoth

Post by stearmoth »

Hi Steve!
Beautiful! Congratulation for completing your Rotec Hatz Classic! Very nice and fresh- we wish you all the best for the first flight and are eager to see pictures of it in the air!
By the way, we now have 140 h flight time with our Rotec Vintage Hatz!
Kind regards
Hans & Sam, H.C.#78, Switzerland

P..S. At first, I thought to see a D instead the C on the registration and worried about not having known this build in Germany, when I noticed that it is a C for Canada!
ssearle

Re: Almost done HC162 - REdone!

Post by ssearle »

No more ROTAC! Rebuilt with Lycoming 0320 160 horse, with Sensenich 74/58".
Performs beautifully! First flight yesterday.
Steve :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.