HC #93 Update

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
dougm

HC #93 Update

Post by dougm »

I enjoy reading about the progress of the builds that others are doing so I thought I'd start a thread on the progress of my Hatz. I have my photo gallery, but I thought I'd create an update thread to let folks know how it is going.

Wings: So far, I have all the ribs built, false nose ribs cut, and many of the smaller wood pieces for the wings cut awaiting final finishing. I have all the wing fittings cut and the threaded plugs made for the compression tube and control tube inserts. I've rough cut all the tubing for the compression tubes and will probably finish these this fall.

Fuselage: So far, I have the basic fuselage structure and seats completed and am now working on all the various fittings that get attached to the fuse.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
PoconoJohn

Re: HC #93 Update

Post by PoconoJohn »

Been watching Doug. It's looking good.
John Cronin
HC 149
dougm

Post by dougm »

Been working on the Flying wire lugs and aileron belcranks/linkage. Once those are done I'll move on to the fuselage and tackle the cabane, landing gear, & wing attach points. Hopefully I'll have it on the gear this summer and start building wings later on.
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
splischke

Post by splischke »

Where's the "Like" button :D
Scott Plischke. Building Hatz Classic #86 from plans. See http://www.thehatz.com
dougm

Post by dougm »

Hi Everyone. I know I haven't been that active for a while. A number of "life events" have kept me from the Hatz project. Anyway, I'm finally getting back into it and will be uploading pics to my website soon (maybe after New Years).

For those of you who follow Rotec on FB, my engine is the one they just posted getting a custom paint job. Kinda have to finish the project now that I've committed to the engine :D

Stay tuned.
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
Bitshifter

Post by Bitshifter »

Glad to see your getting back into it. I am looking forward to seeing updates on your site, I was getting worried.
Ed White
HC 154

"In life 10% wrong is failure, in school it's an A"
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

Welcome back Doug. I know how you feel. Work always gets in the way of my social life.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
dougm

Post by dougm »

here's a teaser from Rotec's FB page:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
dougm

Post by dougm »

Another build photo from Rotec:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
Woha

Post by Woha »

Hey Doug,
Do I see a blue engine cowl on the second plan of pic#1? ;)
Wonder how does the whole aircraft will look like? Any paint schemes?
Best regards,
Wojtek
HC164, Poland