Kelly D S#2, built by Dudley Kelly

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Kelly-D biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
pilotjkl

Kelly D S#2, built by Dudley Kelly

Post by pilotjkl »

Hi All! New member and new owner of Kelly D S#2 N-23KD built by Dudley Kelly, hoping to learn more on this forum from other owners and pilots and maybe even builders, 23KD was originally built with an 0-235 and weight was 930lbs then later changed to 0-320 with new weight of 990lbs including 15lbs of lead on tail wheel spring, when I purchased it the engine had been removed and sold, so I have the airframe, prop, and cowling for both the 0-235 and 0-320, looking for advice on engine options
Thanks
Looking forward to replies
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pilotjkl

Re: Kelly D S#2, built by Dudley Kelly

Post by pilotjkl »

Panel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pilotjkl

Post by pilotjkl »

The weight I removed from tail wheel spring
SayAgain

Post by SayAgain »

John

> I’m looking for information on Kelly Ds in general, have you flown one? Do you know any owners?

Couldn't reply by PM since that feature isn't turned on for me by admin. Answer to both questions is no. I looked at the plane a couple years ago because it was inexpensive and not far away. I was impressed by how good the plane looked and liked the history but decided I wanted a flyer instead of a project. The question marks about the engine didn't help either.

I ordered a CD from the FAA with all the info they had on file. If you'd like it, PM me your address and if I can dig it up, I'd be happy to mail it to you.

Good luck and hope you get it back in the air soon.

Beaux
pilotjkl

Post by pilotjkl »

Thanks for the reply, I would like any information on the plane I can get, if you email me at pilot@fehrs.com I’ll send you my address
Thanks again
John