Grimes model A tailpost light

Where Hatz members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.
DHinesCB1

Grimes model A tailpost light

Post by DHinesCB1 »

Guys, I'm looking for a tailpost light. Its the Grimes model A, and its designed to mount into the top of the tailpost. I am also looking for a set of the wingtip lights (I think they are model B, but not certain). I see the wing tip lights pretty regularly on ebay, but rarely the one that fits into a tailpost. If you happen to have one laying around the hanger and wanna help a fellow hatzer, please let me know. Thanks!
Dave
PA-12
hatzadmin
Site Admin

Re: Grimes model A tailpost light

Post by hatzadmin »

FYI, the Model A & B light are still available. A/C Spruce sells the B wing tip lights and I think Wag-Aero or Univair may also as well. The A model tail light is avilable from Avlite Aviation ( http://www.avliteaviation.com ). They actually sell all the lights, but are more expensive that A/C Spruce.
Hatz Webmaster
DHinesCB1

Post by DHinesCB1 »

Hmm...very good to know. I knew that I could get the model B's still, but have never seen the model A's that are designed to go on top of the tailpost. I checked the site and they say they have them, but didnt show a pic or price. I'll have to give them a call. thanks for the lead!
Dave
PA-12
dougm

Post by dougm »

They're pricey, so be prepared... The wing tip lights are around $130.00 - ish each from A/C Spruce. The quote I got from Avlite on the A model tail light was around $175.00 for the tail light and $225.00 each for the wing tip lights.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
mmcgrew

Post by mmcgrew »

I got mine at OSH from UNIVAIR booth (see web site). As said by others - Pricey but worth it

Michael
N838MM
DHinesCB1

Post by DHinesCB1 »

I'll look in both places, but I found a pic of the one I'm looking for. Hopefully can upload/attach it. I've seen the wing tip versions available from the places listed, but I have not seen this one. Maybe all I have to do is call them? Thanks for all the suggestions!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave
PA-12
dougm

Post by dougm »

Yup, that's the Grimes Model A tial light.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster