Hatz Gathering May 4, 2019

News and Field Reports of fly-ins around the country where Hatz Nutz gather.
kconner

Hatz Gathering May 4, 2019

Post by kconner »

Old Kingsbury Aerodrome (85TE) Spring Wings and Wheels Spring Fly-in is scheduled for May 4th. I spoke with Roger Freeman, owner of Pioneer Flight Museum, who invited the Hatz Nutz to gather and participate in their annual event coming up. I've coordinated with Ed Cooper who has contacted Hatz owners in Texas and it looks like we will have several Hatz Biplanes at this event. I plan to depart the Tulsa area on Friday May 3rd and fly down to Lockhart, TX which is 14 NM North of Kingsbury (weather permitting). Will overnight there then arrive at Kingsbury Saturday morning. Go to pioneerflightmuseum.org for information about this event and details about flying in to Old Kingsbury. I think a Hatz event in the South is long overdue so let's get together and make it happen! Call me if I can help with any information. Looking forward to it!

Kevin Conner
918-269-3361
Jetsareforkids

Re: Hatz Gathering May 4, 2019

Post by Jetsareforkids »

Sounds good, I’ll try to make it. There is also a biplane fly-in in Galveston the same day, but a man has to have his priorities.
HC85

Post by HC85 »

Will the web site front page be updated soon with an info listing of what is going on this year?

We talked about the site being not up to date last annual meeting. Our group looks 'dead' or non-active from the outside.
kconner

Post by kconner »

Hatz owner Ed Cooper recently talked with Hatz Classic designer Billy Dawson who plans to have his Classic on display at Kingsbury on May 4th. It will be displayed without fabric on the wings but will be assembled. Will be a great opportunity to see wing construction for the potential builder. Looking forward to this event. Turnout should be good. We will update the Homepage right away.

Kevin Conner
wile coyote

Post by wile coyote »

Is it still a go tomorrow. weather across the state is a little sketchy.
Flying S AirRanch
Early,TX