wood suppliers

A forum to discuss resources, suppliers, tips, and general information common to two or more of the biplanes.
wile coyote

wood suppliers

Post by wile coyote »

I ordered my first batch of wood from ACS in march or april. The plywood came immediately but the capstrip material was backordered. The web site soon showed it to be available however none was shipped. I made 3 separate calls a week apart and was told it will be shipped soon but they are "backed up" in the wood shop. Approximately 1-2 weeks ago, I finally talked to customer service and they did call me back and stated it will ship out on June 28th. Is this the routine response everyone else has gotten from the wood department at aircraft spruce? I have always had good luck with the company in the past but never have ordered wood products. Is there any other good source for the cap strip and other wood supplies? I saw the previous thread on plywood products.
Flying S AirRanch
Early,TX
JBMoore

Re: wood suppliers

Post by JBMoore »

Can't help you there.
I ordered all of my wood from Wicks.

Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
painless

Post by painless »

It’s my understanding that spruce (the wood, to the company) is getting harder to come by.
Jeff Orear
Hatz Classic #138
Peshtigo,WI
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=Patients
vern

Post by vern »

My hangar is behind Spruce east. Just like many businesses, skilled labor is getting harder to find. The wood shop lost some staff and new staff hired and trained. I am in there almost daily and I had to wait several weeks for a spar to be cut