2006 Hatz Classic. $47,000

Where Hatz members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.
Jetsareforkids

2006 Hatz Classic. $47,000

Post by Jetsareforkids »

2006 Hatz Classic Biplane $47,000

With a heavy heart, I've decided to put my Hatz Classic up for sale. The realities of parenting makes this not the best time in life to own a super cool biplane, so...

Hatz Classic S.N. 022 started 09/2001 finished 09/2006. Origional builder had built two Lancairs previously and was an Aerospace/Nuclear engineer. The builder was getting up in age and the airplane only flew for a total of 40 hours before he was no longer able to fly, and it was parked in 2009. There is a patch on the left lower wing that probably led to the airplane being stored. The builder's family hangared the airplane in dry Eastern Idaho from 2010 -2017, when I bought it from his estate and flew it back to Texas. In the last two years, I have flown it 120 hours.

The plane was built from a full Makelan kit, all welding and metal fittings were done at the factory. Covering, painting and custom leather interior were professionally done. Engine is a 160 hp Lycoming 0-320-D3G from a Piper Warrior. The engine has @355 hrs. SMOH in 2000, Unfortunately in January 2019 I had a prop-strike (my fault) and the engine was torn down for a prop-strike inspection. The crankshaft, camshaft, camshaft gear, connecting rods, lifters and piston pins were inspected and refinished as needed by Aircraft Specialties and were resembled with new bearings, rod bolts and nuts, and crankshaft gear bolt and retainer. I was going to do a full overhaul while it was apart, but the cylinders were in very good condition, so we decided to do the repair only. The carburetor was replaced with an overhauled unit and the propellor was replaced with a new Sensenich. All work was completed by a A/P mechanic.

Firewall forward:
Lycoming O-320-D3G 160 hp Ser# L-12713-39A
Sensenich propellor 74DM6-O-56

Avionics:
COM - Becker AR4201
Transponder - Becker ATC 4401
ADSB - Garmin GDL82
ELT - Ameriking AK-450
Engine Analyzer - EI SR-8A-4
Encoder - Ameriking AK350

Equipment:

Hooker 4-point Harness, front and rear
Scott 3200 tailwheel, overhauled by Alaskan Bushwheel in 2010
Matco wheels and brakes
Skytec lightweight starter
B/C lightweight alternator
Airwolf remote oil filter
Removable front control stick
Heel brakes front and rear

Empty weight - 1106 lb.
Max Gross weight - 1700 lb.
Useful load - 594 lb.
Fuel (measured) 22.3 gal.

I have the original receipts for just about every part on the airplane and they total to over $87,000 (in 2006 dollars)

Will deliver to anywhere in the lower 48 for fuel and expenses. Heck, if you are in Alaska, I'd probably pay you just to do the trip.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jetsareforkids

Re: 2006 Hatz Classic. $47,000

Post by Jetsareforkids »

Sold

Moved 200 feet North to a new hangar with a great new owner. Amazingly, it looks like I’ll still get to fly it along with the new owner.