Classic plans now available

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
painless

Classic plans now available

Post by painless »

I am very pleased to announce the Hatz Biplane Association has entered an agreement with Jeff Shoemake of Makelan Corp to become the distributor of the Hatz Classic plans. To order, visit the HBA website at hatzbiplane.com, click on HBA store where you will see a plans tab.

Price remains at $250 per set with shipping included.

The plans have been revised to correct errors noted by previous builders that have been listed in the Classic forum on our website.

We will also be making available preview plans as well as a construction photos thumb drive that were originally offered by Makelan in the near future.

The Hatz Classic will now continue to be a member of the Hatz Biplane family with hopefully many more examples to be constructed.

Remain Calm
And Hatz On!

Jeff Orear
President
Hatz Biplane Association.
Jeff Orear
Hatz Classic #138
Peshtigo,WI
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=Patients
orchardair

Re: Classic plans now available

Post by orchardair »

That is great news for the future builders!
Good job!
I especially like that the plans will get all the updates and corrections.
Hatz Classic plans# 136
mmarien

Post by mmarien »

Great news. Would it be possible for registered builders to get a copy of the corrected plans? It's probably not an issue for those that are well into the build, but it would be a big help for those just starting and still have the old plans. The CD was also a good place to look when the plans were vague, as were other builder sites.
Murray Marien - HC 0180
Saskatoon Canada
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

And more news !!!

First -
The association is now the distributor for the Hatz Classic Preview Plans and the Construction Photos.
The Preview Plans are $45 and the Construction Photos are $25. These are the same prices Makelan charged.
Non members may order them both for $60 and members may order both for $55.
We will have these items listed on the web site soon but you may order them now if you wish.

Second -
It has come to the attention of the Board that some, who purchased plans from Makelan, did not receive the complete set - only up through sheet 22. The complete set consists of 27 sheets. If you are one of those, we will provide sheets 23 - 27 at no charge. These will be in PDF format, emailed to you, that you may take to a local printer. As a point of reference, my local printer will do each page for around $8 each. My local Office Max/Office Depot was around $11 each. I get the complete set printed by the same supplier Makelan used and he charges by the square foot. His orders are done on line so you would upload the files and ask for a quote. His contact info is:
Lone Star Reprographics in San Antonio, TX. http://www.lsrsa.com/#!/page_HOME There would be a charge to mail them to you.

All of the sheets are 30" X 42".
If you wish the missing sheets email me your Name, address and Classic plans number and I will send them to you.

Third -
I went through the forum and picked up all of the posts of the plans discrepancies I could find. I put them in a list and will email it to you upon request.

Things are looking good for the Association and the Board is glad these items are now available to the group.

Stay Hatzy,
Jeff
My info can be found on the web site.
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.