Hats Classic Plans #163 and Ribs For Sale

Where Hatz members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.
DavisD1W

Hats Classic Plans #163 and Ribs For Sale

Post by DavisD1W »

So I've decided to change directions and build a different airplane, so I 'm selling my plans and what I have built so far.
This includes:

- Rib Jig
- All rib gussets cut out
- All rib truss members cut to size and ready for assembly.
- Nails, and nailing templates
- Rib nose pieces and trailing edge pieces, and aileron trailing edge pieces.
- 20 meticulously completed ribs.
- Compression tubes for the center section ready for welding
- Center section spar blanks
- cap strip material
- My notebook on material usage calculations as well as a cut schedule.

If you want to build a Hats, this would be a great jump start to the project.

I also have a buch of other materials including plywood, but it's hard to ship so we can talk about that if you want to pick it up in Camas Washington.

To build the ribs I followed all of the FAA guidelines. I aligned the grain on the gussets for best strength instead of the direction that would have been easier to make. I also went the extra mile and shaped the gussets to get rid of unnecessary material. I did not sand areas that were to be glued. Instead, these areas were scrapped so that saw dust would not clog the pours of the spruce. The glue I used was T88 and these ribs were built in the summer time. I also spent the extra time to sand each rib after they were glued so that varnish would adhere better, and that it will be easy to identify any wood rot 20 years down the road when doing a condition inspection. In total, I cut out all off the rib parts and then spent 6 hours per rib assembling and then sanding each on.

Let me know if you are interested. I'm thinking $1500 for everything I have listed, and if you are interested in local pickup, we can talk about what else I have.

Thanks