LOGO

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
alvinsager

LOGO

Post by alvinsager »

Hi,
My Hatz project has bee in suspended animation for lack of where to put the finished plane. All that has changed with a hangar becoming available at the closest airport to my home. Among the improvements being made to the hangar is scraping the rust off the small door. It is just ripe for a nice large Hatz logo. Does anyone have a cad or graphic file of the Hatz Logo that they would share?
Thanks,
Al
splischke

Re: LOGO

Post by splischke »

Perhaps the following files will be of some help. I did the artwork for the wings but I'm still working on the font. It's close but not exact. All attached files are the same logo just in different formats. All are vectorized and can be made any size without loss of detail.

-Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott Plischke. Building Hatz Classic #86 from plans. See http://www.thehatz.com
alvinsager

Post by alvinsager »

Hi,
Those will work great. I am horrible at doing anything freehand, especially since I started using a CAD program at work. One of these will make a template si I can paint by number.
Al
Dana

Post by Dana »

Old thread, I know, but does anybody have an image file of the "Commanding the Sky" Hatz logo? If not I'll just have to take a better photo of the one on my plane and digitize it.
dougm

Post by dougm »

I'll look around, but I'm not sure if I have a truly "print ready" version.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
dougm

Post by dougm »

I don't know how much help this will be, but I have the following:
The logo is clearly not print ready, but if you knew how (or knew someone who could) clean it up then you have a starting point.

The photo is from John Kerr's Hatz Classic. It looks like a vinyl sticker. Don't know where he got it but you could try him. Others have done the same so I'm sure they are out there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
Dana

Post by Dana »

I found the logo offered in several versions as vinyl stickers. May be where the ones on my plane came from.

Also not camera ready:

I guess I can scan a sticker... or just photograph my plane.
dougm

Post by dougm »

How about this one?
Doug
Hatz Webmaster
Dana

Post by Dana »

My daughter got a cricut vinyl sign cutter, so I asked if she could make a sign for my hangar door. I couldn't find one to match the one on my plane with the cool art deco font, so I finally broke down and made a high resolution version, photographing the one on my plane, tracing it in my CAD software (Keycreator), exporting it and doing some post cleanup. This one is 14476 X 4975 resolution, and cut OK, though some of the lines are a bit thin and hard to peel off the backing.
Dana

Post by Dana »

door_reduced.jpg