MLG Springs

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Dave

MLG Springs

Post by Dave »

Hi Guys

Am working on main landing gear and wondering if anyone has specs and/or a source for the springs used on the struts. Also, what tail wheel assembly are you using? Any help greatly appreciated.

Dave
alvinsager

Re: MLG Springs

Post by alvinsager »

Hi Dave,
McMaster Carr has the springs. (mcmaster.com) search die springs and you will find far too many choices.
Al
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

I bought my springs from a die spring supplier also. Make sure you get the correct length, diameter and wire thickness. As far as the tailwheel, I used a Champ tail spring and a Lang tailwheel for my LB-1.
Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.
jwhanson

Post by jwhanson »

Hi Dave,
I ordered the springs from Travers Tool Co. (www.travers.com). Part number 79-322-436, Spring 2.00 x 6.00 yellow - X-HVY. This is the one recommended to me by Makelan and they work fine on our Hatz Classic. Travers also has the material to make the control stick torque tube bearing blocks.
John Hanson
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thanks for all the help. This is just what I need. You guys make the building process much easier. Hope I can do something for you all someday.

Dave
JBMoore

Post by JBMoore »

Finishing the project would be fine.
Jeff Moore
Jeff Moore
Treasurer-HBA
Pendleton, IN.