New builder intro

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
painless

New builder intro

Post by painless »

Happy to join the ranks of Hatz Classic builders. I'm sure I will be asking my share of newbie-type questions. Having fun with the build process once again. I have started a website as a build log. Stop by once in awhile and by all means, point me in the right direction if I go astray!

http://websites.expercraft.com/painless/

Jeff Orear
RV6A N782P
Hatz Classic #138 project
Last edited by painless on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Orear
Hatz Classic #138
Peshtigo,WI
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=Patients
Dave

Re: New builder intro

Post by Dave »

Hi Jeff

Welcome to the group. Lots of experience here and a very friendly bunch. Always willing and able to answer questions.

By the way, did I not inspect and hang paper your RV-6A a few years back? Your name and photo are familar.

I am also building a Classic and have the fuselage almost done. Sure was a lot of welding! Will try to sell my Pietenpol AirCamper and VP-1 this spring to raise money to continue work the Hatz. Need to buy a bunch of spruce, etc.

Good luck on the project. As I recall, you did a great job on the -6 and I would expect to see even more outstanding work on the Hatz. After all, you are an experienced builder now!

Dave VanDenburg
painless

Post by painless »

Hi Dave!

Yes, you did indeed do the inspection of my 6A. Thanks for the kind words. Been having a ball flying it. Happy to say there have been no major problems.

Great to hear you are building a Classic! Nice to know there is someone nearby to compare notes with. Is your EAA chapter doing the Ford Airport open house this year? Will try to fly up this year and visit.

Good luck with the sale of your airplanes. The cash will help, but it also sounds like you need more room in the hangar!

Jeff
Jeff Orear
Hatz Classic #138
Peshtigo,WI
https://eaabuilderslog.org/?s=Patients
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Jeff

I think the EAA Chapter 439 is planning to do the Ford Airport Day thing again in September. I have not been to a meeting in many months. Too busy and too little money.

Yes hanger space is a premium. I have the RV-6A and the VP-1 in a hanger at the airport and the AirCamper is in my workshop at home (next to the Hatz project). Need to dispose of a couple of airplanes!!

Good luck with your project and keep us advised of progress. Should keep you off the streets and out of trouble for a while.

Webb site is a neat idea. Several of the other builders have also built a webb site to show us their progress.

Dave
Nick

Post by Nick »

Welcome Jeff!

Nick