Hatz Biplane in CO for Sale

Where Hatz members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.
jimsplane1

Hatz Biplane in CO for Sale

Post by jimsplane1 »

90 to 95% completed. Needs to be rib stitched, painted, and assembled. I have the complete picture documentation of the building process as well as the log for the motor. The motor is a Lycoming 0-290D. All of the documentation is compliant to FAA rules. My father, Aldo Lucchesi, began building the plane about 1988. He was a pilot and very familiar with FAA regulations. He kept meticulous records on the Hatz. Inspections were done all along the way by the FAA. In fact, one inspector told him that he should have been crafting Stradivarius violins, from which his nickname "The Violin Maker", came to be. Arthritis kept my dad from completing his plane project, at which time ( summer of 2000), it was put into my garage. I am an over-the-road truck driver and have not had the time to complete the plane for my dad. My dad has since passed away and I think he would like to see the plane in the air. The plane is located in Loveland, Colorado. The motor was gone through completely, then crated. I have the crated motor but it will need to be gone through again. If you would like more details, you may call me at 970-481-6760. My name is Jim Lucchesi. I am asking $12,000.00 for the plane. I can email pictures to those who are interested.
gaylonhpugh

Re: Hatz Biplane in CO for Sale

Post by gaylonhpugh »

Hi Jim
I would very much like to get further info on the plane you have, any pics, and I'd like to talk to you if possible. Does the motor you described come with? If you'd like to call my phone is 417-437-7241, evenings or weekends is best. My e-mail is gaylonhpugh@yahoo.com
Thanks
Gaylon Pugh