Just saying Hi.

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the Billy Dawson inspired modified Hatz Classic biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
womenfly2

Just saying Hi.

Post by womenfly2 »

Anyone in the New Hampshire area building or own a Hatz Classic? I would like to see and talk about your build.
Love2Fly ...
Keri-Ann

Web site: Keri-Ann's Pietenpol Plan Packages
Picture site: Keri-Ann's Pietenpol
womenfly2

Re: Just saying Hi.

Post by womenfly2 »

Just purchased the plans. Should be here next week. .................. Exciting!

Blue skies,
Keri-Ann

P.S. just how active is this forum?
Love2Fly ...
Keri-Ann

splischke

Post by splischke »

Not too active but I found it to be a very handy resource and questions usually get a reply. Sometimes replies are made within minutes and sometimes it takes days. I didn't reply to your post since you specifically asked for people in New Hampshire.

I think you'll be happy with the quality of the plans but there are a few mistakes. There's a thread that documents some of these mistakes. It's the first sticky topic on this board. Be sure to note these on your plans.

My build site is at http://www.thehatz.com. You may find the 457 photos helpful. More photos forthcoming now that our historical heat spell is coming to an end.

-Scott
Scott Plischke. Building Hatz Classic #86 from plans. See http://www.thehatz.com
womenfly2

Post by womenfly2 »

Thanks Scott,

I have looked and read every post here ... my eyes are bloodshot! Lots of fantastic info and looks like support is great too. Love yours and Dougs web site, the pictures sure help get an idea of the construction. Looking forward to following you and Doug's continuing progress.

Talked to Jeff yesterday about if the plans had been update based on the info here, he stated they were. Also noted that the plans now have the R3600 details if one is mounting that engine.

I ordered the total plan package and will be starting to build soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looks like I will be the only Hatz in NH ....?

Blue skies,
Keri-Ann
Love2Fly ...
Keri-Ann

dougm

Post by dougm »

I'll echo Scott's comments that the board is not as active as others, but posts do get answered.

Have you checked out the archives section on each sub forum? I migrated this from the old forum utility so each section has a sticky that leads to the old forum and the years of postings.

Also, if you haven't already, join the association and you can get a cd containing an archive of all the association newsletters.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
womenfly2

Post by womenfly2 »

Sending my membership in now. Thanks for the heads up. Read the archives section too, wow what a lot of good info there.

Q: Anyone put 4 ailerons on the Hatz Classic with a R3600? If so, what length were they from original?

Blue skies,
Keri-Ann
Love2Fly ...
Keri-Ann

Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi Keri-Ann

Welcome to the group. Lots of help here, and great advice. Always good to have the benefit of those who have "gone before".

How did you get ahold of Jeff? I thought maybe he had died, or moved to Cleveland, or something. I have been trying for three months to get the rest of the plans. I sent an Email request and he responded that he would send the plans, but never did. That was almost three months ago. I then sent a letter and a check with the same request, but have heard nothing, and it has been over a month. Maybe he just does not like me. Oh well, guess I will have to do without.

Looking forward to hearing about your building experience with the Classic.

Dave
dougm

Post by dougm »

womenfly2 wrote: Q: Anyone put 4 ailerons on the Hatz Classic with a R3600? If so, what length were they from original?

Blue skies,
Keri-Ann
The classic is, by design, a four aileron aircraft.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
womenfly2

Post by womenfly2 »

Thanks for the insight. Its good to know, 4 ailerons suit the design. I should have looked at the photos better, to focused on the CB-1.
Plans hopefully sometime this week. Working on finishing the workshop.
Love2Fly ...
Keri-Ann

Nick

Post by Nick »

Welcome to the Hatz Community! I have been a member for 9 years, and I could never have continued without the support from this forum. Most questions get great answers, but sometimes you just have to figure things out for yourself.

For a beautiful example of a Hatz in progress with Rotec R3600 check this site out http://www.aeroplaneworks.ch/vintagehat ... ction.html

Hans and Sam are creating a work of art.

Nick