Hatz builder gone west

A place to talk about anything that doesn't fit in the other forums.
hatz215

Hatz builder gone west

Post by hatz215 »

My Dad, Davis Garrison, passed away Friday. He was 84. He started flying when he was 15. Soloed a '41 Tcraft. Joined the Air Corp in March '43.
Flew B-17's with the 483rd BG and later the 2nd BG. He built a Fly Baby, which first flew in 1976. Later, after talking to Dudley at Tullahoma, I told Dad we needed to build a Hatz. N85DG first flew in Sept '85. She's scratch built, including the prop. I've been recovering and hope to get back in the air this summer. I was fortunate enough to work with my Dad daily for thirty years. We always spent our weekends at the airport. After all that time, there's still things I wish I had asked him. I miss him so much. If your Dad is still living, give him a hug next time you see him. You never know how many chances you have left.

Steve G
DHinesCB1

Re: Hatz builder gone west

Post by DHinesCB1 »

My condolences Steve, sounds like you had a great dad, and great relationship. What a blessing. I fly often with my father and he visits the shop wishing he were building with me. Thanks for the great advice, we do tend to take things for granted.
Dave
PA-12
WacoJoe

Post by WacoJoe »

Condolences Steve. Hang tough!!
Cheers!

Joe

dougm

Post by dougm »

Steve, my condolences. It's an inevitable and difficult point in our lives. I lost both parents within 2 1/2 months last year - it's not easy and you miss them terribly, but you do get through it. Notice I said "through", not "over". There will always be a void, but I have found that faith, family, and friends help tremendously in healing. Hang in there.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster