New Group Order for Flying Wires

A forum about all aspects of the construction and maintenance of the original Hatz CB-1 biplane. Here is the place to ask your questions and get the answers from the real experts.
Nick

New Group Order for Flying Wires

Post by Nick »

Hey folks, below is the word from David at Steen Aero. A group order constitutes a savings of OVER $900 EACH. Even more if we can find 10+ builders.
So if you are within a year or two of needing your wires, now is the time to order, as the price is only going up. So far we have two confirmed and a third tentative.

Nick

Hi Nick,

The current pricing for 1 Complete Set of Flying, Landing and Tail wires complete
with SS Terminal Assemblies for the Hatz Classic is $4028.40.

If you can locate a minimum of 4 additional builders, this will meet the criteria
for a group order of 5 sets and your cost per set will be reduced to $3116.12.
If you have 10+ total builders, Bruntons will provide additional savings.

Even if the builder is years away from completion, he will require these wires at some
point in the future and the cost will be more expensive even with the group order discount
as nothing of value is declining in cost.

Kind Regards,
David
RSouthard

Re: New Group Order for Flying Wires

Post by RSouthard »

Hey Nick,

I have to call Steen tomorrow about throttle quadrants and I will be sure to tell David and Cheryl that I'm requesting to be added in our group order. This is a outstanding opportunity for us to save a considerable amount of funds for our projects. Thank you for working hard to pull everyone together to create such a great savings.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Fantastic. I'm sure we'll have a group together pretty quick.

N
gaylonhpugh

Post by gaylonhpugh »

Hey guys,
I noticed the group was for the classic. I have a CB-1 currently finishing. I don't suppose they would be the same in length and fittings? Did they change any of the wire brackets on the classic? I already have the regular wires for it but you are talking about the streamlined polished wires right? What is the advantage to these wires over the others besides looks? Thanks for thinking.
gpugh
dougm

Post by dougm »

When we did this last year we were able to mix the two - CB-1 & Classic. I believe all the wires are the same except for one - but don;t quote me on that. Contact Steen and double check, but you should be able to join the order.
Doug
Building Hatz Classic s/n 093 & Rotec R3600
Hatz Webmaster
gaylonhpugh

Post by gaylonhpugh »

hey guys
nobodys got an opinion on streamlined wires? ...whether they are stronger or make considerably less noise in flight or whether its just that they look better .....and they do look better I agree. But is that all it is?
gpugh
Nick

Post by Nick »

I believe, being streamline, that they will be considerably less draggy, and therfore less noisy.
And also much better looking :)

Nick
rawheels

Post by rawheels »

Check out this 6 min video on drag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftq8jTQ8ANE

It provides a good reason for installing the streamlined wires over the round.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Wow. That is dramatic. I might think about streamlining my landing gear! Thanks for that.

Nick
gaylonhpugh

Post by gaylonhpugh »

I checked out that video. I agree streamlining the landing gear is probably a good idea also....anything else too.....like gap between the wing and fuselage....what about the cabanes and wing struts? ...makes a good case for wheel pants too doesn't it?

I'll call Steen tomorrow on a set of the wires for the group buy I think. Stronger (a good 20%), better looking and considerably less drag (in a drag master anyway)....a no brainer. Thanks everybody.